Background Image

Suicide Bomber Orangutans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Silfarion, Mar 2, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brosephelon Recruit

They can keep double meltabomb for all I care, meltabombs in general need a nerf though. They need real counter play besides "have a 20 man gunline guarding a transport". You either need to be able to "defuse" meltabombs, or the bombs themselves need a cast time/setup time so you can't just run up to a transport press G and the tranports crippled (or dead if you can press it twice with a Fire Dragon).
    This is not a nerf targeted at Eldar but at literally all meltabomb users which is every single faction (super stick counting as a meltabomb obviously).
  2. Brosephelon Recruit

The problem with that concept is that Fire Dragons already have Fuegans giving them a real single bomb build they can use already.
    Fuegans does nearly 2x as much damage as a normal meltagun, meaning Fuegans + 1meltabomb is in the same ballpark as Meltagun+Meltabomb used by every other faction, except Fuegans does is 2x as much damage in a single overheat as opposed to two overheats for all other factions.
    Not many use it because its a supply drop unique, but also because 2x meltabomb is just flat out better at the job.

It might need a very minor number tweak to make sure a single overheat + meltabomb on rear armor kills the vehicle, but its seriously already there. People just don't use it because 2x meltabombs is just that good.
  3. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Have you seen the cost of Fuegan's?

Classes should not be balanced around unique weapons. Uniques should be interesting alternatives, not BiS items.
    BanditFleshpound and Sumshine like this.
  4. Brosephelon Recruit

Have you seen that other factions meltaguns cost 100lp more than basic fusion guns?

Fire Dragons would be "literally" balanced with 1x Meltabomb restriction to other classes, but with some advantages namely that their Fusion Gun is cheaper allowing them to toss on more extras like extra durability or stamina. They would need to meltabomb + 2x overheat to reliably kill vehicles just like every other faction.
    Then with Fuegans they could get it down to a single overheat giving them a large advantage over other factions, but at the cost of giving up a lot of tankiness and a unique weapon.

I don't particularly want that, but people suggesting to buff Eldar single meltabombs to compensate for taking away the double need to fully understand that Fuegans exists, it does work, and it would be a balance issue all its own. Many people don't realize it exists or that it enables basically single overheat+bomb kills.
  5. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

You might want to check how much LP Fuegans cost and how it actually behaves.

Its NOT anti tank weapon if you want to be effective at that and while it does 2x damage OVER TIME, it need 2x TIME to do so, therefore its just as effective as regular fusion gun for twice as much LP.

Not many people use it, because its anti infantry weapon which leaves you no room for anything else in loudout.
    Eldritch likes this.
  6. MrBanditFP BanditFleshpound Steam Early Access

And that is good suggestion. Make melta bomby more stronger to compensate the fact that it is high risk high reward....and because Eldar's 1 melta bomb in current state will do not much even in duos :i
  7. Brosephelon Recruit

It actually doesn't take 2x the time, though it does take longer than normal. Its still much faster than any other melta/fusion doing 2x overheats.

As to the cost its irrelevant (580 I think? I'm too lazy to login to double check) which is tons more expensive than a normal fusion/melta but its also tons more effective. You can also equip a single meltabomb+fuegans just fine and make it work... its just obviously worse than 2x Meltabomb like every other AV setup in the game. That doesn't change the fact that Fuegans+1meltabomb is still better than every other factions equivalent of meltagun/rokkit+meltabomb/superstick.
  8. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

y'know

this is still relevant >:v
    Defiance and Njord-Halfhand like this.

9. Relevant and "on the radar" for many, many months. Literally pressing G-G and with 1.5 seconds of effort the enemy vehicle is dead as you are hopping back in your Wave Serpent speeding off.

Though there's no fix as of yet BHVR finds time to nerf the Power Fist which takes 15 to 25 seconds to kill a vehicle depending on how far you end up unintentionally punting the vehicle out of melee range with each strong attack. Wiiiiiiiiind up... punt....run to vehicle. Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiind up.. . punt...... run to vehicle. Wiiiiind up.... punt... run to vehicle x 3 more times.

Behavior finds time to nerf the damage of the fist, which has not on anyone's radar, but the status of double meltabombs still remains.

I'm not saying what's right or wrong or what needs to be done one way or the other. I am just stating facts relevant to anti vehicle weapons and capabilities and asking fair and relevant questions on the topic at hand.
  10. USSRxGrabli USSRxGrabli Arkhona Vanguard

I already wrote several times that the FD is enough to set the cool down 5-10 sec for using meltabomb.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.