Background Image

[Suggestion] Adding RTC options for 750k Req Cosmetic item Item

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duximus, Nov 19, 2017.

?

RTC Options for 750k requisition Cosmetic Items

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

New Eldar campaign brought new requisition puchaseable cosmetics.
    As you all know it cost 750k requisition inorder to unlock each item.
    I found out this is way too long to unlock.

The points player earn in a single match goes directly into requisition. So if you earn 2000 xp u get 2000 requisition
    Let's say every match you earn 3k points average. (Without joining in the middle or end of the game)
    750,000 divided by 3000 =250. You need to play 250 matches to earn 750k
    Plus, A match takes most likely 15min. Lets go 15min each match. 250 x 15 = 3750. 3750 minutes = 62 hours.

Thus you need to spend pure 62 hours of gameplay.

Instead of this inefficient system. I suggest how about adding RTC option for this cosmetic item.
    Since it's just cosmetic There's no game breaking issue and people can spend few dollars in order to customize their appearance easily.
    Also Time is money.

What do you guys think
    Please leave a comment or suggest ideal price for items if they are going to add rtc option
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

3k per match is low. Even if you add the winning-bonus or the commendations, its low. I can make that much in a single, good fight as a squad-lead. Most matches yield somewhere between 5k and 12k.

Anyhow, even assuming most people make a lot less: There are plenty of items to dump RTC on, very few requisition purchases considering the amount many of us have lying around. The skins are nothing special, nothing desireable, they dont have stats or anything, there is no reason to acquire them other than prestige.
    And requisition is the perfect currency for prestige purchases.
    If anything: do it more, not less.

There is technically no reason not to add an RTC option. Only that, knowing how they built their shop, it would probably be a new item, to be acquired individually from the old one.
    I just dont see the point.
    Elector likes this.
  3. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

I usually earn 5k per match and 5k xp is most likely topfrag on scoarboard.
    12k? I don't think so the highest req per match i earned was 10k and it took almost 40min.( Ibelieve dat was 30vs 30 so dat why)
    Also not every players are super skilled like you and me.
    Even if i get 6k per match it still gonna take at least 30hours of pure gameplay.

The skins are nothing special, nothing desriable, they dont have stats or anything. It is true
    Then why do thousands of game company out there selling this useless skins for money and people throwing their money into it.

Because it looks cool! and people want to customize character especially in mmo like game.
    If people think the skins are completely nothing like you think then overwatch, tf2, warframe probably got bankrupted few years ago.

Also not every players especially newplayers don't have such amount of requisition nor time to earn it.
    But some of them do want to try that skin before they lose interest from gameplay.
  4. Blasron Paquet Active Member

the idea of selling something for rtc and req point is not a bad one. People moan for something to put rtc on. It also make people that does not want to put rtc on the said item being able to acquire the said item, throught work and dedication. I don't see anything wrong here i can even see some good there.

But just lower the cost to 500k rep point or something like that. It need to be hight but not stupid hight
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

The best I have a screenshot of is 16.5k at 22 kills in 15v15. Im sure I got more at some point (Squad-EXP goes a really long way) and 9k in an 8-mnute match are a possibility.

However, thats besides the point. What is important is that many veterans sit on more Req than we could ever hope to spend. This is why items like the Cursed Bracelet or the Brillant Swords exist: Prestige.
    They exist so you get to say: I have farmed so much requisition I can literally burn it.
    The Crimson skins fall into the same category.
    If they were cool weapons, maybe an asset with lore or something taken from TT, I would perfectly understand your point, everyone should be able to shortcut the acquisition, if they really want them.
    But for a weapon that is identical to the base variant but with a different colour: why? Noone is going to spend money on these.
  6. Duximus Duximus Steam Early Access

Techincally its not identical to the base variant. its phobos pattern...
  7. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Space Marine problems. For every one complaining about the Crimson being restricted there is one complaining about the Phobos not being unique enough anymore. Think about how much worse that problem would get.
  8. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

I voted no.
    Having a small number of items for stupidly high requisition prices and no real advantage beyond looks is a reason for people to keep playing after unlocking all the "normal" gear and boxes.
    Should there be more cosmetic variants of weapons available for RTC? Hell yes! But making the expensive requisition items available for RTC defeats the point of having them in the first place.
  9. Smorcest Elector Eternal Battles Moderator

It's not meant for new players, its meant for old players that have millions of REQ sitting around, I voted no.
    Safreadis likes this.
  10. I cannot stand the fact that this was supposed to be a fully paid for mmotps. I dont care if things changed this was not the vision that was shown to us many years ago. Here we are having to grind countless matches for some cosmetics that should be waaaay cheaper especially for the people who have been here on this game since before day one. We did not ask for a wannabe third person lobby shooter that playes like a free to play. If anything they need to reduce the price of these items drastically for the people who have fully purchased this game. The fact that we have to pay for cosmetics that should be unlockable instead is already bad enough. Im tired of paying for stuff that should already be freely given. I want this game to do well but the direction its going might as well be the exact same thing as the new star wars battlefront II and you all knew how that was gonna turn out. Take what you want from this rant post but I have had enough. You want my money BE? Well you need to earn it first. When this game finally has risen up from where it is and introduced tons of new gameplay elements and content then and only then will I put more money into the game. If I spend any now I have no way of knowing what kind of a difference it will make. I need to see results before I take such a reckless gamble. Im not hating on you guys but I cannot trust any word of improvement I need to see it.