Background Image

Successor Chapters?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by volimnir0, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

2. Varakor Varakor Preacher

I think the most likelihood is that it will be limited to only LSM, due to the name of course. Eldar already have a similar system in the way of Shrines anyway (though not exact) and, well, it's called "Successor" chapters which doesn't apply to Orks or Chaos.

Those guys also appear to be talking about how the Flesh Tearers skin used to be limited to only Tactical.

..also, on the topic of limiting successors, why can Flesh Tearers use (almost) all cosmetics but Black Templars can use none other than helmets or backpacks? Other than a few shoulderplate bugs everything worked just fine on the UAT for them.
  3. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

But there is also Successor Chapter for CSM(but it's empty of course) and Shrine for Eldar too as you stated. Yeah it's not completely same, it only applies on helm. So there isn't Successor Chapter for CSM then? Sad. :/

What is Flesh Tearers skin?

Well maybe there isn't proper cosmetics for Black Templars other than helmets or backpacks? Dunno.

Edit: Also Flesh Tearers is available for any class. I've just checked.
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

For elder they could do dark eldar alt skins ;)
    CSM could get Red Corsairs Skins ;)

Flesh tearers are a blood angels successor chapter..thats pretty savage.. kinda like a loyal khorne berzerker
  5. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

Why Red Corsairs? World Eaters would be better. ☻

Oh, okay. LSM version Khorne Berzerkers then. ☻

So there is also Flesh Tearers for Blood Angels too? :O
  6. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Because...uhm....how should I put this... I used to play Red Corsairs !!:oops: haha
    but seriously tho , World eaters aren't a successor legion to any of the current legions in game.
    It would be kind of strange to have the same alt skin mechanic's as the loyalists since they don't really have successor chapters.
    Would it not be kinda strange that you could play word bearers for free but world eaters costs you 10k rtc ?
    The only thing that comes close to alt chaos legions are the Red Corsairs.

Plus !!
    Space Pirates dude!!!!
    [​IMG]
    Arrr!
  7. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

Where? Space Marines?

What is Successor Chapters and Legions? And Legion is Chaos version Chapter or bigger than Chapters? Nope. Because Word Bearers aren't World Eaters why are you even bringing that just because both looking red? :( Word Bearers are not true Khorne Berzerkers. :/

He looks like totally Slaaneshish with his arm looking claw. :p
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Legions are the original space marine armies before they were reformed into 1000 man strong fighting forces called chapters
    So instead of thousands of marine strong legions they are now only 1 thousand man strong chapters.
    So the big legions had to split up into smaller groups, these are the successor chapters.
    And later created newer chapters are also called successor chapters because they had to use someone else's gene seed to get started.

This all happened after the space marine civil war.
    The CSM legions where the original traitors during that civil war. so they never adapted to Chapters. and therefore are usually bigger than 1000 men. altho they tend to also be split up into warbands with different lords.. and yeah..its kinda like orks but not..

The thing is .. they don't create new chapters ...because they don't have chapters so they also don't have any successors.
    They just recruit more into their number to replace casualty's and build up numbers.

that's why in some lore stories you usually find multiple chapters fighting alongside imperial guard against a single CSM legion incursion.
    Because they have more numbers on the CSM side .. with their bigger legion size and demons and slave numbers and stuff as support they can number into the 10's to 100's of thousands of bodies stong on the battlefield.
    And while Imp guard can match those numbers they aren't exactly equal to a CSM or a Demon.
    So they call in a few Chapters to help out the guard to fight against a big CSM legion incursion.

Also not all loyalist chapters follow these rules of 1000 man tho
    Some are bigger in number.. like the black templars who where like "Fuck it! We are on a crusade now and what's this 1000 max number you speak off !
    And I think the space wolves also have more than 1000 marines. and a few others to.

And than in recent lore a bunch of chapters got royally fucked up and are less than a few 100 strong now and consist mostly of Primaris Marines now I think.. I dunno haven't kept up with allot of the new lore.

Anyways enough lore stuff.
    If they gonna do alternative legions for CSM instead of successors they might as well use the Red Corsairs as well. It could even be a universal CSM alt skin and than they can do alt legions for all the 4 aswell.

And that claw dude... That's the leader of the Corsairs. he's like a Space Marine pirate.. but instead of an eye patch, a peg leg and a hook arm.. he has half a bionic body with a big ass bionic claw with a build in heavy flamer and instead of a parrot he has a weird little demon familiar.

"The only reward for loyalty is betrayal."
    — The Tyrant of Badab
  9. Possessed Chaos Lord volimnir0 Steam Early Access

Before seperated into different chapters? Why did they even seperated btw?
    So what actually are Successor Chapters I didn't get. If they are some chapters that split up from chapters why there were different legions too? Why at first they split up into different chapters/legions instead just stay in a whole army?

Eh, there shouldn't be a rule like that. I thought it isn't even a rule but it is what is their maximum number is around... So all heretic chapters follow these rules of 1000 man tho?

Wow. Their 900 men is gone? How?! =OOO

Who are they are you talking about? World Eaters?

But why Imperial Guard was enemy with even LSM in DoW I series if they are side with them?

Nope nope nope. I want World Eaters, pls pls pls. Fuck Red Corsairs. But he has a burned face too which his other eye looks different. But he doesn't have a hook arm, he has a gauntlet and a Power Bionic Claw. Ooh, it's a Heavy Flamer, a FUCKING Heavy Flamer, not even fucking LIGHT! Why not Meltagun though? So, a question. Which is better lorewise, Meltagun or Flamers of Eldar? Why he's that various and that functional? -_- Ooh he has a daemon as a pet too. :p It's DAEMON man, pls, there is no demons exist in 40k universe.
  10. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member