Background Image

Subfaction Option/Change in upcoming Patch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wasabi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Achaeron Recruit

lol or next patch? Great so my repsec will come by 2020.
  2. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

Actually, this month. It's already been deployed on the UAT, though that's not necessary
  3. Kurze spunkymonkeySK Subordinate

I never said it would be a route you'd be happy with, I just said it's what they'll probably do!

They won't want to refund any RTC unless they have no choice I would think..

It's like buying a new suit, then after 6 months saying I've dyed my hair so want a refund on this suit. Now I want a suit that doesn't clash with my new hair and as my tailor you will provide it (free of charge..)

We have been sold cosmetics - we did not rent cosmetics (not that you get money back renting either!)

I bought the Nightlords bundle - do I get a refund because I don't particularly like the way they look? Or better still, because they are changing the chaos marks and I don't think I will play chaos again because of it?

It'll make no difference anyway - they'll just increase slots when the time comes; meaning you shouldn't have to delete characters and have unused cosmetics.
    Whether you play that character again or not is your decision, not theirs.
  4. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

That analogy is interesting but wrong.

It's not that you bought a suit and then decided to dye your hair and want a refund on the suit. You dying your hair is incorrect in the analogy. We wouldn't be changing anything, the devs would.

So instead you bought the suit, got it home and wore it, enjoyed it, and even bought accessories for it. Then out of nowhere 6 months later in the middle of the night the tailor snuck into the room and spray-painted the suit pink.

The devs would be changing the suit, the subfactions if you will. Not you, thus they would be required to accommodate people who have invested in said suit by allowing them to exchange it and all accessories purchased for said suit.

It would not be the fault of the customer, but the devs. Thus they have to fix any inconvenience in the process. Especially for people who used real money to purchase cosmetics for a subfaction that may be completely different in the future.
  5. What would IF bonus be? When inside a building with walls you get +30 toughness? :D
  6. Kurze spunkymonkeySK Subordinate

Except it's not a closer analogy.
    You bought something and then decide not to use it anymore.
    They aren't touching the cosmetics, and they aren't stopping you from using them.
    If they decide to add subfaction bonuses at a later date I don't see how that stops you playing them - I mean you knew what the space Wolves were before you started a SW character - just because you would now prefer a ranged bonus is not the developers fault!
    I know where you are coming from but life doesn't work like that.

Hell I wish I'd gone word bearer instead of NL because of looks - but I didn't; I made my choice and spent my money.
    Now if the NL got a trait that was in keeping with their lore I would be happy - because I chose NL because I like their back story..

I'm sure we'll not see eye to eye on this.

I don't believe that ADDING something to your subfaction is grounds to ask for a refund!
  7. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

When defending a point gain 20-30 toughness seems like an easy one. This is not my idea of course, but it has been talked about.