Background Image

Subfaction Option/Change in upcoming Patch?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by wasabi, Feb 15, 2017.

1. Will we be able to change our subfaction on a 'one-time' basis in the upcoming patch? Perhaps in the future it could be a pay-to-change feature?
  2. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

No, but you're getting a free advancement point respec in the upcoming patch (or the next).

You'll only get a subfaction change when they add new ones. Paying for it, maybe sometime in the future, but I don't recall the devs ever addressing the question so I don't know.
  3. Viking Vking Arkhona Vanguard

they mentioned a free-subfaction change once they add in meaning full subfaction differences and or subsubfactions (2nd founding chapter skins etc). But if/when that comes is still unknown.
  4. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

They pretty much have to do this when they add subfaction bonuses. They would then also have to refund our purchased cosmetics for the subfaction we would be leaving. Most people will want to switch to a subfaction that has a bonus that fits their playstyle.

Currently I'm playing space wolves. When they give out subfaction bonuses I assume space wolves will have some sort of melee bonus. I hate melee, so I would play something else. This would make the cosmetics for my space wolf pointless as I would no longer have any reason to play him.

Basically they would have to, or just not do any subfaction bonuses at all.

I hope they realize they would need to allow us to refund all faction specific cosmetics for the subfaction we would be leaving.
  5. It would be the correct thing to do.
    But if they don't they could make more moni.
    And they always have gone for the "more moni" attempt
  6. Kurze spunkymonkeySK Subordinate

I'd imagine they'll just give us extra character slots at that time - giving us the ability to keep our old characters and the cosmetics bought for it.

The fact that you may never play that character again I'm sure won't concern them!

To be fair, they are giving away RTC in the campaigns now, so it's not like you can't respec a new character with new cosmetics over time..
  7. Remo RemoSupremo Confessor

That would be a bad idea. They don't have the community size to be messing with peoples money. I will liken that to stealing from me.

I would have no reason to play Space Wolves if Dark Angels or Imperial Fists end up having good ranged bonuses. The best thing they can do when adding subfaction specific bonuses is to also add subfaction unique items/weapons. Then maybe, just maybe I'll stick with a subfaction like Space Wolves who will undoubtedly get melee bonuses.

True we get RTC in campaigns, but we have to work for it.

Except LSM, We get it for free now. (That was sarcasm btw, let me also post a smiley :rolleyes:)
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  8. Are they doing anything to the advancements? I'm just wondering how it will affect people who have already unlocked them all? Or maybe it won't affect them :)
  9. Judasilfarion Silfarion Drill Abbott

They messed around with advancements. You get all your advancement points back and have to buy them all again, but you don't have to grind advancement points for it. Although I think they're adding more.
    Markosian likes this.
  10. Thanks, although I've got a horrible feeling this will mean remaking all my loadouts :(