Background Image

Stun Grenades, how to use effectively?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Oct 24, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, just wondering what new tactics have you developed to maximise the use of Stun Grenades? Apparently Stun Grenades affect friendly players as well.

What to do now? I am quite noob do not dare to use it too much.
  2. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

-Assume that normal grenades can not kill a competent target unless as part of a barrage/spam. Their best use is against downed targets and whoever comes to ress them which makes them quite useful still against heavily fortified positions.

-Krak- or Plasma-grenades can be used for killshots, especially on heavies, basically offering you another attack-option in combat, albeit an unreliable one. Krak is likely not really worth the LP.

-Stun-Grenades can be used to soften up an enemy line, stunning people, forcing them to move or just as a distraction. Technically every grenade can do the same thing, this one is just very good at it. You should be ready to follow up on that though and make use of your breach or you will find them of little use.
  3. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Save the Lp for something usefull
    Spichka likes this.
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

shit

useless grenade

still a normal grenade without the killing

add stun duration and area effect
    Spichka likes this.
  5. They made a Stunlock Grenade?
    Even if that worked it would be bad, stuns were the worst part of the mechanics.
  6. Don't?
    Better you land a real grenade and kill people
  7. Enimabulldozer OwariDragon Steam Early Access

Stun grenades work if you have just 1 person playing with you, and you time your grenades well enough, my friend got a triple the other day cuz i stunned and he fragged. Other than this instance, I havent had too much success with them.
  8. acepost acepost Active Member

I think they should consider making a Stun Grenade Pack of 2 to promote usage of them, 1 Stun grenade is like meh...
  9. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

I might actually use them for the lols if they costed 25 lp for 1 and 50 for 2.
  10. DavyBoy CuCulainn Curator

@jbregg make all these ‘other’ grenades, double packs like the frag/ krak versions and at the same LP cost ;)