Background Image

Striketeam: A Wip Fan Made 40k Skirmish System

Discussion in 'Table Top' started by Loldoom, Jun 9, 2015.

?

Please only choose an option after you have any questions answered.

1. Give it to me, fluff and balance can be dealt with later.

66.7%
  2. Finish it first, then we'll talk.

33.3%
  1. Loldoom Loldoom Well-Known Member

Hello everyone, while not a regular to this corner of the forum I come bearing gifts! Or at least the promise of a gift.

A while ago me and a few friends started to get into 40k, and then stopped when we saw the price tag. One of us was already a long time guard player and a had a few models from all factions. Before this we had developed an action point based system for wild west style gun battles, quite fun as well. One crazy day we decided to mix the two, and Striketeam was born.

As far as scale goes, the average fight is: 10 fairly well equiped guardsmen vs 5 space marines with a few special toys.

Even if I do say so myself, it is very fun and lore friendly enough for most. A space marine that is out the open versus a few veteran lasgunners: Toast

The same lasgunners caught without overwatch against a tactical with full action points: Toast.

Have no fear, we're not just doing imperials. So far we have rules for CSM, Orks, IG, Tyranids, SM and we've started on Eldar.

Melee and grappling are fun and deadly as hell, grenades are implemented and continually nerfed, a campaign system is in the works but almost nothing has fluff entries.

In short: We're working on it.

The question I pose to you, the reader, is do you want it now or when it's done? I'll be happy to answer any question to the best of my ability, however I don't want to get too deep into the mechanics as otherwise I might as well post the rules as we have them.

Disclaimer: The universe and rules of Warhammer 40000 belong to Games Workshop, I have no claim on their IP and wish only to create these rules as a fan, for fans.
  2. Loldoom Loldoom Well-Known Member

Yes, I have. It's still a bit larger than what we've done, we haven't implemented vehicles and have instead gone even smaller scale. Hence grappling where you can joint lock or throw people across the board, or sniper rifles which are useful:p
    RussTnailZ likes this.
  3. Bossaroo bossaroo Well-Known Member

This thread is kind of old but im wondering if i could see/obtain the rules for this because ive been looking for a good skirmish system for a very long time and was wondering if this had been completed