Background Image

Strike Force Ultras thoughts and opinion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cplex, Jul 31, 2016.

1. Laentis Diolux Cplex First Blood!

We all know of the recent events and what is currently going on within the Eternal Crusade community. The interview Zoran did with Brent has started people discussing the future of EC.

Most of Strike Force Ultras Chapter met last sunday and we talked about what has happened and are still talking.

We had a healthy discussion and we decided that we want to keep playing EC. The goals may have changed but we will not abandon EC. Many of our members have spent hundreds of hours into the game and are willing to put even more into it.

However we are disappointed how so many features have been postponed pastlaunch. Many of us bought the game on the "promise" of features that now have been either postponed or scrapped. The open world was one of the primary selling points, now that it has been set aside it has caused a loss of faith on the project and is the main reason why many have stopped playing. We would appreciate as much transparency as you can provide with timeline(s) and features.

Yet we believe that by standing with EC we help to keep the game at a healthy player count and increase it by recruiting through a guild that we hold dear and have built initially on EC. We want to support the game and understand that development is an ever changing process, but we would appreciate more than just a lip service so we can put faith in a lasting development of EC (post-launch features / free expansions) and in you as a developer.
  2. Tamiel Brother-Tamiel Well-Known Member

There's always a possibility that boycotting the game in massive numbers may cause the publishers to "cut their losses and move on".

Doesn't seem like a risk worth taking. The publishers have made contracts and deals to get the game out on a date, and I don't think they're going to listen to the players over the legal agreements they made to launch this game on that date.

Continuing to play seems like the only valid option if you want the game improved.
    Sharpe45 and Ephaistos like this.
  3. Nimrock Nimrock Well-Known Member

While fully understand people who choose other option I just want to say this is healthy and reasonable aproach.
  4. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

We also march for Arkhona, Courage & Honour Brothers!
  5. Tyranthius Tyranthius Well-Known Member

Pfft! Yeah right! You didn't have a meeting or a discussion.

I bet Cato Sicarius did ALL the talking! I know how you Ultramarines are...
    JuliusxEdge and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  6. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Sicarius couldn't make it. He missed it while busy polishing his plot armour.
    Ephaistos, JuliusxEdge and LOBOTRONUS like this.
  7. I know full well that I am no Ultramarine, but speaking as a fellow member of this community, I want to thank Ultra for this decision. I have the utmost respect for you and your leader Algernon and believe that the worst thing we can do for this game now is turn our backs on it. Not if we want it to one day be successful. I know many of us believe you to be one of (if not "the") most successful Loyalist Space Marine guilds and your continued support will reinforce the LSM community. A heartfelt thanks to you all! May your blades never dull, and bolters ever be loaded.

*Slams fist to chest in salute*

Baalberith Koh
  8. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

Why? He can just stop playing anytime if he wants to.
  9. Theo Theo Well-Known Member

Yes, that is brilliant.

If you want things to change, you should keep doing exactly what you have been doing so far. Don't modify your behavior at all.
    Bladerunner777 likes this.
  10. Bladerunner Bladerunner777 Well-Known Member

I also respect your choice, I'm not saying I am mr know it all and not going to try to force anybody to do anything cos i can't and even if i could I wouldn't. Like I always said we all have our own eyes and free will, let's stick to that. I didn't come to this thread to troll anybody either, I was just lured by interesting for me points, yeah the definition of boycott is not so important but what I certainly don't like is the fact that words in general start to lose any meaning here, example -launch.
    BruvvaThomas, Kell and Cplex like this.