Background Image

Story Development

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Valrak, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Kharn KharnVarus Eternal Battles Moderator

ARGH THE FUCK YA DOIN MAN YOU DROPPD TEH FUCKIN BOLTER!!!
    Vaanes likes this.
  2. Ivan Mulkeen ScorpioSymbol Well-Known Member

I do too my friend. I enjoyed working on the story aspect of this game immensely.
  3. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Did anything that you worked on make it into the game, or they scrapped it all?
  4. They really need to step up their game on campaign prompts, especially for Chaos. Abbadon is not really immersing me at all right now.
  5. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Pretty sure anything story-based got scrapped when this game became a lobby shooter. Story adds depth and permanence to things, and the way the game is currently set up permanence is a no-no. Trust me, I've been bugging them about story since day 1 and Nathan essentially dodged the issue every time I asked about it. Last time I asked he essentially told us that any story would be told via the Campaign, and we all know how that's going so far.

Sorry, this issue is like my personal salt mine with this game.
  6. Half of what makes 40k great are the stories. For these guys to move away from that story telling just sucks and the effect is to remove half your motive to play. Every great game has a story behind it, this one shouldn't be any different. How expensive could it be to add a few lines of text to load screens detailing events so far? How expensive could it be to find clever ways to insert faction leader text dialogues?
  7. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

My sentiments exactly. I don't even think they have a storyline anymore for this game, I feel like that got abandoned. Which is weird because like you said the stories of 40k are awesome and really draw you in. At the very least they describe a goal that people are working towards. I have no idea what I'm working towards in this game anymore.
    PrincessSkyheart and Vaanes like this.
  8. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

The thread lives!
  9. Lootmasta Kaptin_Pokkets Arkhona Vanguard

Forum necromancy at it's finest
  10. I think the goal's just going to be your next lootbox now.