Background Image

Story Development

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by Valrak, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

@Oveur @IvanMulkeen

So what is happening on this front? I remember months back we used to get short stories, we had the faction leaders announced and everything and all of a sudden it's gone silent. I know the team have primarily been focusing on getting the game into a working state at the moment but for myself and other members of this community the story aspect of this game was/is a huge draw on why we signed up. Warhammer for me is all about the story, it gives me something to fight for, it gives me inspiration to fight my enemy, it gives me a purpose on the battlefield.
  2. Ivan Mulkeen ScorpioSymbol Well-Known Member

You're about the 5th person in the last two weeks to ask about the story (the others asked me directly through other channels) and to be honest, I can't tell you. I know what state it was in when my contract ended, and I know what David and I were planning - but with neither of us attached or in house any more I'm not sure who is carrying that torch (I suspect Brent?)

I'm more than happy to continue to work on the great EC storyline that we've developed, Nathan just needs to let me know ;)
    Plongo, HAXTC, ArtemK and 18 others like this.
  3. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Yeah, I remember we talked about it on your stream, would like to know the answer as well.
    Valrak likes this.
  4. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

He has returned to us in our time of need...hail!

Hopefully something will be done, this game needs a decent story, if the campaign aspect is still planned then adding story content is a must, as I've previously stated it inspires us to do great feats on the field of battle. For the love of the Emperor, give us a purpose in this game!

Indeed, I get like 20-30 people in my stream at the moment and I always get the question about what is the story to this game I cannot answer them, for the majority of the Warhammer fan base story and lore is everything.
    Plongo, Korel and BikerTroll like this.
  5. Krokilla Krokilla First Blood!

Would love to get more stories specifically featuring the faction leaders!
    Valrak likes this.
  6. YOU ALIVE The raccoon lives!

BTW MY sources tel me there is some stories still planned and theres like 2 of em coming soon, Haven't said exactly when they will be out but soon is the best i got sadly :(
  7. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

It's not about short stories, though, it's about storytelling within the game.
  8. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Please Ivan ... The team can only take so much sexy beast.

But more QQ for story. I miss the updates, campaign background hints and little lore of Arkhona tales. Bed time hasn't been the same since :)
  9. oh ya ofc, but i loved the short stories to pass the time and give us background history of Arkhona while the game itself will tell its own story, while the short ones just compliment and fill in some holes.
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

how much stuff we must buy from the shop for have a story in the game?
    Plongo, ArtemK, IvanMulkeen and 6 others like this.