Background Image

Stormboy, grenades or no?

Discussion in 'Orks' started by GrazewoundZeroLow, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

I need to check this more often again.

So the poison vs fire element thing. Poison is resistable for two factions, though it's far more widespread in one and it's curable for another. It also bypasses armor entirely. Fire bypasses damage reduction from toughness.

Now. The other thing to bare in mind is that the actual physical damage of the Burny Choppa is lower than a regular choppa. I beleive it's 171 off the top of my head? Neither the NCS Nor the Lashsword took an actual damage hit from the sword component for having an ailment component. I don't beleive the Rite of Fire space wolf crozius did in fact either.

This may have changed since the last time i played, But i think it's likely to still be accurate and i unfortunately can't look up the stats.
  2. Rathael Rathael Arkhona Vanguard

I mean think about the LP cost against the functionality of grenades, and compare it to other 50-point stuff.

A little bit of toughness and armor that helps you survive (MAYBE) one more bolter round..

vs the ability to clear out entire rooms, down multiple enemies, instantly down enemies, turn losing melee fights into winning fights (nade+bash), force enemies out of cover or give yourself valuable seconds to close the gap.

In deeply entrenched chokes, nades and plasma are pretty much the only way through. If there's a team holding up a choke or a balcony, the easiest way to deal with it is to bomb them with multiple nades and rush in.

After recently starting again and noticing the med packs are on cooldown, I have swapped to using these in every jump loadout I have. They are just insanely useful if you are conservative and know when to disengage from a fight. Jump classes are the best class at disengage, so you will almost always find an opportunity to use med packs and regenerate armor.

I also tend towards the same sort of strategy as @Catnium on JPA. My standard JPA build runs with 50% fuel Regen. The more I play in the current build, the more I feel mobility is just so much more important for jump classes.

The TTK is still so insanely low. Taking extra armor and health is basically a question of if you want to survive for 2 seconds or 2.2 seconds. My deaths on JPA are almost always when out of fuel.
  3. XZASrus XZASrus Subordinate

Hmmm... Why do you need ammunition in the melee class?
  4. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Just an example build. Health kit is same cost as Ammo.
    I do use ammo on melee occasionally tho because some of the pistols. come with a really low ammo supply like the Plasma pistol .
    Deathwish likes this.