Background Image

Still awaiting "the" decision...

Discussion in 'Ask the Team' started by GrazewoundZeroLow, Jan 28, 2020.

1. Good afternoon.

Still awaiting "the" decision, if EC will be shut down in April (server rent runs out). I believe there's been more than enough time, from August of last year, to decide.

I miss the team. I miss the campaigns. I miss the artwork that was put into the rewards.

Deathgarden didn't have a chance against DBD, and those you backstabbed had faith in you. (I still do.)

:OrkDeffskull::OrkSkull::(
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

3. Admit failure?
    Not in today's corporate world.
    Till the end, everything is fine.

Until it is no more
    LOBOTRONUS and GrazewoundZeroLow like this.
  4. VedaRa VedaRaVM Prefectus

I'm sure they will pull a Deathgarden and wait until less then 30 days before they tell us the game is shutting down.
    LOBOTRONUS and GrazewoundZeroLow like this.
  5. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

as long as they dont do a hawken and trow everything on the online store on sale .. than than few weeks later just pull the plug and move the whole operation to console only
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  6. There wont be a decision and there is not a team anymore. Nostalgia is nice to have memories. Just play the game and don't bother to speculate when servers will go or not. Also dont bother with 'gaem closes down in [insert date here]' comments, they know no more than you or I.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  7. Will do... When do I play the game?
  8. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

my guess
    when its around 7 pm in Moscow since its mostly our Russian chapters that are left.
    Katzu_HSM likes this.
  9. I managed to get into a Hold the Line the other night against Eldar(??!!!) We bled their tickets out and had started cap on the last point a time or two, but in the end it just wasn't to be. It was 15v15 and was the only game on the map. I got depressed and logged out: the Req I'd earn wouldn't be worth the hassle or staring at the ceiling I'd do in the interim.

I HATE what this game has become; just a barely alive husk waiting for Jordan to get the official word to kill it. They underestimated the dedication of their team, the community, and what this game could have been. They sawed the legs from under it and threw their hands up as if to make a show of "well we tried!"

I Hate the company for taking some development hits on their first AAA game attempt and just doubling over. I Hate the ones who never leveled with us, starting from the top down. I Hate the ones who spoke with the community members who tried to save this game, gave us plans and timelines and hope for a roadmap forward past the bad shit, all the while knowing none of it was going anywhere just to give us something to keep us busy. I despise busy work, and I equally loathe people who con you into doing busy work.

I'm Via, Blackshield Chaplain of the Deathwatch, and I approve this reciting of the Litanies of Hate.