Background Image

Steam Charts - Are They Accurate ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Philos, May 17, 2017.

?

Does the steam chart seem accurate ?

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. PhilosAzel Philos Ordinate

It would be nice to see some interbal numbers to see how the campaign influnced the player population
  2. Rakshasa Rakshasa Recruit

I'm thinking a lot of people might not be into the whole pvp thing. Maybe they drop it once they notice there is no single player campaign.
  3. b0ink7 Recruit

Unless the data steam itself provides is faulty it's 100% accurate. Steam charts in question queries the steam data every hour so some peaks etc could potentially be higher but overall it shouldn't really affect much.
  4. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Their numbers are as accurate as it gets outside of someone like us and Steam seeing the actual numbers based on our server metrics. They are not 100% accurate and they state that themselves.

And like pointed out above, the metrics you want to see is MAU, WAU or DAU evolution. The 2-week is strange, a weekly or monthly would be a better indicator of health, but as it's consistently 2-week comparisons, you can see the trend.

And note, we haven't advertised any of the campaigns, not even the F2P launch itself. In fact, we've never really advertised except back at the box launch and that was Bandai, not us.
    Forj and Walpurgis like this.
  5. PhilosAzel Philos Ordinate

Thanks !!! I am excited to see the numbers when the marketing launchs, and I know better than to ask a when question :)