Background Image

Stealth Mechanics.

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Exzelenz, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Anshar Anshar Master

Saw a dev post saying 5 classes per faction, ours will probably be combined.
  2. Carmine Exzelenz Cipher

Guardians will probably be just "Ork Boyz" but in a sense of a just "filler" class from which you can pick up everything you want. Look at the Space Marine classes, do you see Tactical Marines there? They are not in the picture but we all know that they are likely to happen. Same with the Ork Boyz, altho situation with them is a bit different... So what I am saying is that most likely only specialized classes will be announced, while everything that is between them and starting character will be off the picture for some time.
  3. Anshar Anshar Master

Tactical, assault, and devistator marines could all be made the same class, just different loadouts.
  4. So'Kiel So-Kiel Well-Known Member

Sounds pretty bad, imo. And if it could work for mon'keigh, I can't see it applying to Eldar Aspects, better not even start thinking about it)
  5. Anshar Anshar Master

It doesn't work in lore for eldar but we are completely different from astartes in that there is no similar class structure. A grunt marine usually goes devistator - assault - tactical in the ranks, no reason to believe a tac wouldn't set up as an assault if the fight required it. I guess they could roll farseer and warlock into a seer path class but the rest... eh.
    Raysel and So'Kiel like this.

6. it would make particle sense if they did this because while there are several smaller things that make them different a warlock is basically a lower level Farseer
  7. I think natural stealth is the way to go. You make a great point! I believe that the stealth aspect will need to be in the game especially to make the eldar successful.
  8. Kilgar Kilgar Cipher

Not sure if they will add the Guardian as a class tbh. Eldar would be far better off with the Dire Avangers, since they are way more proficient in warfare and they are not a "militia" but an aspect. Aside of that, Guardians are just civilians with weapons... I'd rather take any other option then a Guardian team.

As for stealth classes, Striking Scorpion pls! Striking Scorpions would be the ultimate predators with a high learning curve with the camo/stalker mechanic :3 Not your mindless WoW rogue that just spam 1-2 skills to win from perma-invis. It would actually need patience and knowledge of the surroundings, how the sneaking works, ect.
    Personally I'd rather see all 5x slots to be aspects. Though I think it will be either Banshee or Striking Scorpion, since their roles and fighting style pretty much overlaps.

And you guys forget another candidate for the stealth class role ^^
    Shadow Spectres :)
    Although they are stealth + tank hunter role with their Prism Rifles they DO have a holo-field to cloak their movement ^^ They would be an interesting asset in the hit-and-run Eldar gameplay when more heavy duty units hit the field :3 + with the prism rifles they would be quite deadly on infantry too ^^ And something amazing looking stuff, not a Ranger ^^
  9. Sithranis Sithranis Subordinate

Any melee who decide to charge over open ground toward their foes OUGHT to get shot to pieces. Scorpions will need to sneak into position where they can roll up an enemy line with a flanking attack. If this means some sort of stealth ability, I'm all for it.
  10. AgaithDathedi Subordinate

That's interesting because the Camelion Cloak of a Ranger is basically their main tool for stealth. I've also wondered if they will make Rangers more agile seeing they don't have armour and are basically scouts. Also climbable terrain and buildings. I can just imagine being an Eldar ranger taking 20 minutes to climb some Eldaneesh forsaken Peek with the jumping and climbing animations assassins creed style, just to get that perfect shot in on the enemy commander. *Shudders*