Background Image

Stealth Mechanics.

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by Exzelenz, Oct 19, 2013.

1. I really like all those ideas.
  2. Dagda Abhean Curator

Really don't think that's going to happen. Too many see it as a weenie button. I would like to see that they come up with a way to at least block players with camelion (SP?) from showing up as a radar signature or tagged when they are a long way from the enemy. Just like I hope to see holofields that stop targeting as long as the player/vehicle is moving.
  3. Dagda Abhean Curator

I like this idea also.
  4. Arvina Arvina Subordinate

Well, that makes complete sense since rangers/pathfinders etc have exactly this kind of cloak. On top of those ideas just being good in general.

Ravines, or ditches could be used if nothing else maybe? Some maps could have extensive subterranean tunnels or something, maze like. Would need an ability to be able to jump out in surprise quickly though and not just stuck running into the ditch wall.
  5. Qwin Craedathi Prefectus

Stealth has always been a major part of the Eldar war machine. According to lore when you infilitrate your units on the tabletop its because they were already there: waiting. So yeah we will need some kind of stealth system. Plus I would oh so enjoy seeing a full squad of Scorpions emerging from the shadows to tear something apart.
    So'Kiel likes this.
  6. SonOfLorgar SonOfLorgar Well-Known Member

YES!! This is great. I remember years ago when i was still playing wow how every 10 year old played elf rogue and campled low level characters with his stealth. Its pathetic. I like stealthy gameplay and when i was playing dota i picked heroes with stealth often but in MMOs its kind of a bitch attraction.
  7. Anshar Anshar Master

Certainly no other class could gank lowbies easily, never seen any 60 in T3 camping stv besides rogues, nope.

But on a non sarcastic note the horizontal upgrades in this game should be much different then standard mmo fighting. There will be a gear advantage for sure, maybe some wargear slots as well, but anyone can kill anyone based on skill or surprise for the most part.
  8. Demetri Dominov Demetri_Dominov Arkhona Vanguard

Yeah, I completely support these ideas. Makes covert operations way more viable at night when it would be very difficult to see someone who was standing (crouching more than likely) in a chameleon cloak.

i.e. Like a Night Elf. Having the sound effect while standing near somebody in one would be mighty helpful detecting them as well.
  9. SonOfLorgar SonOfLorgar Well-Known Member

Typical elvish slimy sarcasm. Did i mention that no one else camped? I said that the click2stealth always attracts the lowest of players.
  10. Anshar Anshar Master

It could be said dps only classes attract the lowlest of players, and many stealthers happen to be just that.