Background Image

Stats On Rogue Trader Items?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChaplainRU55IO, Jul 20, 2014.

1. I have now bought my founder pack and have that out of the way, now comes the Rogue Trader items, but then a thought came... "Are these items purely cosmetic, some are and some have stats, or do all of them have stats? Particularly the armor and the melee weapons.

(Sorry if there is a thread about this already as I could not find one.)
  2. Carnage Carnage Deacon

Some will be cosmetic, some will be "sidegrades"; overall power is basically the same but something with a side-grade has an attribute in some areas higher then a regular piece of equipment, it's had its attributes re-distributed to serve a specific play style.

Though, I would like to see a Dev post making that clear, many ppl saying it but I am yet to find an official statement.
  3. Tellos Tellos Subordinate

Only cosmetic
  4. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/unique-gameplay-elements.18379/

"Weapons

Following the same path, weapons will offer statistical and visual variations on what you will be able to get in-game. Their look will be more unique than their stats. Like vehicles, these weapons will have different strengths and weaknesses from in-game weapons, but they are balanced at the same power level. Founders still need to unlock the certification for the weapons before to be able to use them."

http://forum.eternalcrusade.com/threads/aesthetic-items.18392/

"Here we are talking about skins: unique models and textures, color variations, and special effects.

Please vote for your favorite."

We don't know yet if the rogue trader items will be just skins or also sidegrades, also, even if they show us the stats it's kind of useless if we don't know the stats of the regular weapons lol
    Carnage and Hades like this.

5. My real problem comes from for example, my Chaos character can get the two armors but I want to know if they have attributes so I can then choose which one to get. Or the "Flesh-Ripper" and if that has attributes/stats or just a specially skinned chainsword?
  6. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

We don't know but I guess that being founder exclusive they will have different stats, we are supposed to more items in August so I hope they will update all the item descriptions by then.
  7. Also keep in mind that when the Rogue Trader store went live, they didn't really have any sort of actual numbers or statistics to work with.Now that things are moving from pre-alpha to true alpha and the team is kicking over to actual production, they'll actually be able to give us any sort of relevant data on an item's statistics. This is also why we're seeing what amounts to concept art rather than actual in-game models, by the by. That aside, again, it's also possible that they're basically skins. We'll see. Do note that I'm operating under the assumption that they function as side-grades, but I could be wrong in that assumption. We won't know for sure until we get more solid data on them.

What's more, if they have stats of their own, they're also subject to change based on how testing goes.

Basically: it's still early; we'll see.
  8. Plus it's still like a year and a half till the game comes out, more info or stats will probably come out before then.
    Gottar_Krakdskull likes this.
  9. Carnage Carnage Deacon

Thanks for that!