Background Image

State Of The Crusade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Oveur, Feb 17, 2015.

1. [​IMG]
    Pack_master likes this.
  2. yes yes there is i thinl :p
  3. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Well, Chaos is dependant on humanity. After all, Chaos Gods feed on emotions, and humanity is the main producer of them.
    It does raise the question, though. If Chaos Gods draw their powers from emotions, how come Slaanesh still didn't lose to Khorne. After all, there are obviously more creatures feeding Khorne via bloodshed than there are creatures feeding Slaanesh via lust.
  4. You're oversimplifying Slaanesh, to start with. Slaanesh is a god primarily of excess, not simply lust. It just so happens that most people only focus on lust, rather than the other aspects of excess. Also, just to point out, Slaanesh is far more closely related to the Eldar than to Humans, given that it was they who created him/her/it.

Actually, as I recall, the transformation of the Warp into what it is by 40K started as early as the War in Heaven, in which Humans played no part. So there's that.
    Ideas_McGee and Grigdusher like this.
  5. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

But still, though. Excess usually comes from carefree life, like what happened with Eldar - their empire was unmatched, so they fell into excess and depravity. This is not true for Imperium, though. There are always some wars, so Khorne is fed. The life usually sucks, so there is enough of despair and hope for changes for Nurgle and Tzeentch to eat. But only the minority can actually afford excess.

As for Eldar, yes, they did create Slaanesh, but that took millenia of most of their race living in excess. Now their race is on the brink of extinsion, and Craftworld Eldar know how to control their emotions. So only Dark Eldar really feed Slaanesh, and there isn't much of them.
    Gottar_Krakdskull likes this.
  6. Diasaffected member Norm Well-Known Member

The Imperium is excessively ignorant and spez mehrines in particular are excessively zealous.
  7. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Slaanesh is greed, desire, envy, want, compulsion etc. It's not just excess. That hedonism feeds Slaanesh more but any act or thought with a jealous impulse is good in his eyes. And wars aren't just fought over blind rage, plenty of acts of murder and genocide have been fueled by greed and lust for material wealth.
  8. Not sure if I learned something or if you're just thinking on a grander scale than I am. +1 to you, though, for I often forget about the other aspects of Slaanesh beyond excess nearly as often as other people forget that the big S is about more than simple lust.
    Ideas_McGee likes this.
  9. if anything this man knows how to scar children he knows what he talkin bout
  10. The warp does strange things, it happened in the book angels of darkness. A fallen emerged thinking he was loyalist, but yeah to everyone else he is a total traitor.

Also it's not just lust feeding slaanesh, it's the desire for excess. Any emotion at all pretty much fuels chaos. Anything anyone does selfishly feeds her/him.

Trust us, the ordo hereticus knows the signs.