Background Image

State Of The Crusade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Oveur, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Seth Seth Arkhona Vanguard

Blood Angels? Tch Tch Tch
    Angry Marines? You got the righteous scions of Sigismund, they are angry enough.
    Shame for the delay, hope its for the best.
  2. Unahim Unahim Curator

On one set of hardware with what is probably very simplified netcode for in office play. You saw them play it, but did you ever see them install it on a random device? Maybe there's not even an installer at the moment, and it's all manual. Does it run in windows natively, or are they running it within a special developer engine? They could have put out the module they had, and the forum would be swallowed by angry rants about "this doesn't work on my [specific system], please fix" and then they'd be busy for months doing tech support on a silly teaser module.

You've seen other companies release footage before that looked like it was pretty much done, and then announce that the game was coming out 1,5 years later. That should have been a hint that getting something to play in controlled environments is easy, getting it out to people is not :p
  3. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Yeah, I see. Thanks for clarification here.
    Hotab likes this.
  4. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Just speculating of course, but I'd say less than 20% of you would be able to play it at the level we have in-house.

I mean, just having Windows 8 wouldn't allow you to play that old build.

Well, Windows 8 does a lot of things to a person. About 50 things.
    Lord_Kheroth, Hotab and Psyctooth like this.
  5. Diasaffected member Norm Well-Known Member

Is that because the specs required are far beyond what you would need to run windows 8? Or because windows 8 is a horrible OS?
  6. because we didn't take time to make it work on win 8 yet ;) and yes ofc - optimizations are not a priority at this time, so our nice big beefy machines here are not really comparable to the ones of an average player ;)
    EDIT: also Win10 is around the corner and probably a lot better, especially because it will be free!
  7. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

50 shades of windows 8?
  8. Bashing Win8... took us quite long getting there.
    Psyctooth likes this.
  9. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

This thread is about windows 8 now......something's awry....
  10. Unahim Unahim Curator

Thanks for replying and confirming my theories for how much work lies between "show in the studio" and "play at home". :p
    Hotab and Psyctooth like this.