Background Image

State Of The Crusade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Oveur, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

BTW, I feel like I'm calling out Katie and nothing could be further from the truth. I understand and empathize with the constraints of all of your jobs, she's just my source for some of this stuff and the 2IC 'Voice', and she does an amazing job !!

Plus I need @KatieFleming to be on my side for when Ivan finally comes for me :(
    Arkdawn and KatieFleming like this.
  2. I believe that we will have something within the next 2 weeks, at least to talk about, maybe not to show yet.
    And Katie, Nathan and the rest of the team are working hard on making it worth to show. But this is a guess, and not a fixed thing - we have a few dependencies to sort out and take on to be able to make it as awesome as people would expect!
    Kaelin, Kudzu, Bladerunner777 and 6 others like this.
  3. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Is the team planning on attending any big game events this year? Gamescom etc.
    Psyctooth likes this.
  4. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

Well... at least they have fastly updated the seal with the new approximate date.
    Though I would have prefered they would have speed up something else....
    Oh well, time to get down from the hype train and sit down waiting for any new big update. ...
  5. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Former Community Manager

Hey :) Thanks for your comments. The intention WAS to return to the regular Twitch schedule and we certainly apologize for the sudden lack of shows. Nathan, Mathieu and I have been busy planning future Twitch shows and working out ways to get them back on schedule. Whether this means we can't show gameplay for awhile, we'll supplement with something else. I can tell you right now I'm planning the next show for the 27th and if all approvals go through I'll officially announce next week.

Also, I would LOVE to have some of you guys come in to play. Working hard to get this approved, so I can't say anything else (and I probably wasn't even supposed to say that :p) but we are planning :)

Regarding the FAQ, yes we have said many times we'll update and it hasn't happened. We ARE a small team working on Marketing, Community, etc and we are working on several projects. With that being said I am happy to let you know I have called a meeting tomorrow to literally go over every item in the FAQ and start getting it updated.

Hope this info helps :)

Edit: I saw your second post after I replied to this one. I don't feel like you're calling me out at all, and seriously, when something is upsetting you guys I want to know. You're all doing a great job of that and I'm super impressed with how mature you go about it. You're all awesome, that's all I can say. Keep the comments coming and I promise we will do our best.
    Arkdawn, Miirk, Kaelin and 11 others like this.
  6. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

not cancelled: my speculation is that is improved, probally a bigger map more player etc etc.

talking with customer it's never a waste of time, they are create something for us (with our money) , so they need to talk to us explain us things.

The waste of time is working on something and after all is done people don't like it.

When the comunication is costant nobody need to "be chilled down" and nobody is stressed.

Instead lack of communication make people upset, and force developer to use MORE time for explain and talk with fans, this is stressful.
    Arkdawn, Kudzu, Redthirst and 3 others like this.
  7. Redthirst Redthirst Eternal Battles Moderator

Well, I would prefer to have 10v10 right away and have it improved over time. But apparently there are reasons why they pushed the date and don't stream for now.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i remember that when they show us the 8vs8 module they cannot register only show and only fan can place the video of the 8v8 module.
    so i think that there is some problem about approval, probally GW? game engine company ?
    Ideas_McGee likes this.
  9. Ivan Mulkeen ScorpioSymbol Well-Known Member

I heard someone say that we're changing to an iPad text adventure... so much glorious narrative.

That someone may have been me. Just now.
    Hotab, Arkdawn, Miirk and 11 others like this.
  10. Hey, as a humble programmer I would like to echo what Patrick said earlier. I will not go in details as there is a lot of stuff involved (exciting times!) and I don't want to end up with a foot in my mouth :). I can speak from my perspective at least. I understand the criticism and I think it's a fair and human reaction, however from my point of view on the production side we're still just trucking along. Aside from Miguel we're all still there and driven by the same vision. From the tech side exciting things are happening and I hope you guys will hear about it soon enough, I can only hope that in the end you'll end up saying it was worth it even if it's a bit annoying currently from your perspective. On my side I'm enjoying working on this project now more than ever from what it's worth, and I think the general vibe is positive all around.
    Hotab, Arkdawn, Miirk and 10 others like this.