Background Image

State Of The Crusade

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Oveur, Feb 17, 2015.

1. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Hail all, xenos, infidels, heretics, demi-gods and assorted immortals,

We continue our crusade in 2015 with a rapidly advancing schedule, a schedule we’re revisiting, validating with our entire team so that we can start marching forth – as well as inform you in more detail what the plan is to win this war.

Now being a rather verbose person, I like to speculate with you, troll the forums and other forms of communication, ask you pointy questions, and reply with my opinion, without that being me promising you a feature in the game. That’s just who I am and we want our team to be able to engage with you as well in a similar manner.

This is why I’m giving you a warm fuzzy hailing, stern salute, and kind laser gaze as the formal hello. My name is Nathan Richardsson and I’m your new Senior Producer of this Eternal Crusade. I’m usually known as Oveur in games I’ve had the pleasure to be a part of, such as EVE, Dust 514, World of Darkness and Defiance.

Yes, I’m sure you have various opinions on these, as I do, as well as opinions on me. But rest assured, I will either make your worst nightmares come true, or your wildest dreams. It’s probably going to be a bit of both. This is the grim dark future after all.

I’m not here to change much; I’m here to join a great team. I’m here to join a crusade in a universe I’ve read almost a 100 books in, and where I align myself with the Blood Angels in. I actually joined back in early December, after which an immigration process and moving from Iceland to Montreal started. This week is my first formal week, in my own apartment in weather close to -40°C.

I don’t really like talking about myself, but an introduction requires that. So let’s move on to the more juicy part, the current state of the crusade and some juicy speculation and ponderings of heresy.

We’ve been silent because we’re reviewing our plans, our plans for Early Access, Closed Beta, Open Beta, Launch, Expansion and whether Angry Marines are a real chapter or not (they are). This also means we’re reviewing when individual things are ready at what time, and what’s included in each of these scenarios. We’re not going to talk about that yet, because we aren’t done.

As mentioned earlier, everyone is involved to some degree. We’re developing in an agile, iterative manner and we incorporate feedback from you. That means, things will change, that we can assure you. Not because of individuals but because we gather feedback from many sources and we adjust our plans, revise our course, respond to change. What we say today might very easily change in 6 months, simply because it’s the right thing to do.

We’ve also been silent because we’re doing highly secretive technical work. It’s why you’re seeing our build screenshots, why our twitch isn’t showing recent stuff bi-weekly—because we can’t yet. Or to be fair, in something as complex as game development, there are periods where our technical framework needs breathing time from creating new shiny things all the time. We are doing that now while we’re planning. I know, it almost sounds clever and intentional. Don’t get your hopes up.

What we can tell is that we will be changing the name of Early Access to Founders Access so that it is crystal clear that to get in, you need to be a Founder. This will also apply to the Closed Beta; it will be called Founders Beta.

These two periods will also be ongoing for many months, where we’re showing in action our intent and our belief that Founders and players are a solid and integral part of our development process.

We will now change the purity seal to Founders Access in Autumn 2015. We can’t tell you what month yet, as we don’t know for sure yet when we want it to start and with what features. This is actually because for the Founders Access milestone, the availability of features will probably determine more when we open than a pretty sounding month.

Follow us on Twitch, Twitter, Facebook, and Google for more tidbits of information and shenanigans – and thank you for reading so much text, it’s appreciated.

Oveur
  2. Galen Galen Arkhona Vanguard

Wut not a fellow Tzeentchian in lead!?! heresy i say ( also welcome...but im still butthurt Miquel is gone)
  3. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

We all are, my friend.
  4. Thanks for the warm and fuzzy...
    Ideas_McGee likes this.
  5. too much chaos in here, now i also join :p
    E-50_Panzer likes this.
  6. E-50_Panzer E-50_Panzer Well-Known Member

Well we've got some nice info now...even if I have to be patient.....as only a Necron can
    zin-deimon and Ideas_McGee like this.
  7. Laanshor Laanshor Well-Known Member

Thank you for the introductory fuzz, mate. Very glad to have you in the SP role, I think it will ensure a lot success for EC.

Looking forward to the unveiling of any news as usual. Curious about the plans re Pre-Alpha -> Expansion, you know the ones you won't go into, but the patience is there.
    Don't say "butt" when Nathan's shiny avatar is so close by.

That's got to be like saying Bloody Mary in the mirror or something equally as dangerous :D
    Phorr, Tureilim, Galen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Nomad Darmadeus Nomad Arch-Cardinal

So there's hope for the DEATH COMPANY to make an appearance in-game after all!

But.... Founders Access in Autumn 2015?! Someone build a time machine already.
  9. Joram Joram Well-Known Member

So... EA delayed to Autumn?? :( :( :(

Oh well, I will like to add at least one thing, I understand if you want to get away from the term Early Access, but please be sure to make crystal clear that the founder program is a pre order and the game is already funded, plenty of people confused about this in the past, no need to confuse them again.
  10. Diasaffected member Norm Well-Known Member

Early Access to Founders Access :) Thank god for that. Its understandable that people will always abbreviate but seeing the dreaded letters in the forums always shat me up.

Begone EA!

Edit:
    :eek: Stop it :eek: