Background Image

State of the Crusade X - Eternal Warrios enter the Battlefield

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Oveur, Nov 6, 2015.

?

You just want me for my ...

1. ... body

2. ... money

3. ... skull

4. ... chaos powers

5. ... chaos money skull powers

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Hail all, xenos, infidels, heretics, demi-gods and assorted immortals.

Winter is coming to Montreal. My son keeps emptying my credit card on Steam to buy hats and skins. The team didn’t like my idea of Slaanesh day, instead of Hawaiian shirt day. With those important updates out of the way, we have some minor updates to share.

Eternal Warriors enter the battlefield

It’s November and we wanted to try to get Warriors in to Closed Alpha by the end of it. We’re going to make it all happen now, where you will effectively double the population on our servers, a really nice stress test and have everything explode. GO TURBO.

Some Founders will think, more blood for the blood god, others will be less comfortable jumping into the fray with a lot of seasoned players. Incidentally, that’s what the feedback forum is for. How do you actually fare against seasoned players, whether you are a seasoned shooter player or not? Balance matters, skill matters, blood matters.

We want to know how horizontally balanced we are right now. Well, we’re not balanced at all compared to the final outcome many months from now obviously but this is a unique opportunity where we’re doubling the playerbase by adding all the warriors at the same time so it’s equal new players and equal older players. Let’s use it. And try to blow up the servers as well.

On the horizon of slaughter

Our cleverness does have its intended effect sometimes. More than we’d like. The reason we entered into a Closed Alpha this early is to get you into the feedback loop early, and let you be part of the development team. We’re also pushing out updates at regular intervals. This does blow up as intended, ironically this time due to the introduction of the Melta Bomb. All the servers.

We have now tested out 3 maps, 3 game modes, added Blood Angels and Night Lords, Plasma Cannon, Plasma Pistol, Power Sword and Power Axe and feature updates. We are going back to forcing in the Melta Bomb; testing an updated version of the Promethium map, while we ready ourselves for a brand new map, the Storm Bolter, and even a new class.
    Join us in the Slaughter. We don’t just need you to fuel the war. We need you to satiate our bloodlust.

Streamers, steamers, surveys, coverage and the NDA

While we’d love to open up the Closed Alpha forums to expose you to the awesome first impressions thread that has 611 posts, the entire Closed Alpha forum that has 20,590 wonderful feedback posts or show you our Closed Alpha surveys with all the love, we can’t just yet.

What we can do is point you towards the media coverage which has been published lately and our initiative to allow Founders and seasoned streamers to get out from NDA. Angry Joe was the first to stream without NDA with his subtle charm and enticing smile and now we have a whole list of allowed streamers, ranging from Founders to Press. There are also interviews now and coming up accessible here. So while the NDA is still in effect, check out these sources for information, including of course our weekly Twitch.

Now come join us, because at our development velocity, I think we’ll be on Steam Early Access faster than expected. Isn’t that the best way to get more skulls for the skull throne?
  2. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

New class?

Space Wolves on the horizon.
    NostramoBorn, Vintage and Gotrek40k like this.
  3. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

That, or digging up a graveyard.
    Vintage and Gotrek40k like this.
  4. Batpimp Batpimp Moderator

not one mention of my orks in da polls... TIME TA BREAK DA POLLS BOYZ!
    Inquisitor-Twilight likes this.
  5. Orfeask Orfeask Steam Early Access

steam early access?
    WOOOOOOOOOHOOOO
    i will finally have a way to buy this game
  6. ThePhil ThePhil New Member

Was there a download link in there that I missed? I've been anxiously awaiting the arrival of my warrior pass.
  7. Gotrek40k Gotrek40k Prefectus

I have a bunch of friends just waiting for this. :rolleyes:
    Atrocyttus likes this.
  8. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

plasma pistol?
    elomole and Crioxus like this.
  9. Scifit ScifitKN Recruit

Me too... Am I missing something in my eager?
  10. Rustbucket Rustbucket New Member

We will be invited in waves, read the second thread on the announcements forum