Background Image

State of the Crusade VI

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BrentEllison, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Sigvald Darthy Curator

It does actually look pretty good. I was honestly expecting a Planetside 2 copy and paste, but there's some unique mechanics in there.

I'm interested to see how the Warlords will work.
  2. Miguel Caron MiguelCaron CECO (Chief Eternal Crusade Officer)

Hehe! If Brent allows me that credit..... EC being Innovative and different from PS2 was probably influenced by my continuous litany ''Make sure we have USP (unique selling pts) and that we are not a ''ME TOO''.

Then again, the team WAS my MAIN USP!!! :)

Miguel
    Henribar, Kaelin, Erobar and 4 others like this.
  3. DJPenguin DJPenguin Cardinal

Hey Miguel. Yeah PvE is still in.

PS. You need to make Nathan do Waaaghs with the decibel meter.
    imLe, Rikamar, Vintage and 3 others like this.
  4. Crioxus Arigulius Crioxus Arkhona Vanguard

Well Done !
    Can' wait tot test it :eek:
    Where is the button to download the Launcher ? :D
  5. Bentusi16 Bentusi16 Prefectus

Actually upon further reflection allow me to expand.

One of the issues with Planetside 2 is the total lack of anything other then 'go to the place and shoot the dudes'. While it's certainly open in that it gives you the choice to drop in and shoot wherever the heck you want...that's all there is to it. Go place, shoot dudes, flip points.

Dynamic objectives, ESPECIALLY objectives that can be set by players, are amazing to me. They allow for a depth that is not often seen; even in heroes and generals while there is an overall strategy being played out, the individual maps are just 'go rush these objectives'.
    Dave-HTE, LionsMane, Wolffe and 2 others like this.
  6. Only in death does duty end.
  7. Miguel Caron MiguelCaron CECO (Chief Eternal Crusade Officer)

LOL, when reading your comment and ONLY using 40K Lore Glasses to read it...... Well pretty much everyone in that Universe is being told ''go to place and shoot the dudes/eldar/chaos/orks/demon/sm/etc.......'' then a regicide game then go again kill some......

Joke aside, I agree 100% with your comment!
    Henribar and Kaelin like this.
  8. LordErikson LordErikson Subordinate

Welcome to WAR40kSide2, what happened to open world? What happened to sandbox....
    Instanced battlegrounds garbage cop out...

Worldoftanks40k

Shallow, non rewarding, instanced, garbage... not MMOs

I knew it was going to happen, there are no real open world sandbox mmo developers anymore...

This isn't even a theme park mmo, this is F2p instanced, deathmatch repeat over and over, F2p garbage model

thanks but not thanks, it will live a short life and die quietly
    Pickle likes this.
  9. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

@BrentEllison Will the PvE content (once it exists) be accessed in the same way from the faction's "social" area?
  10. Bentusi16 Bentusi16 Prefectus

So please enjoy having it and I'm sorry we'll never see you on the battlefield.
    kimk, Henribar, GitzStompa and 11 others like this.