Background Image

State of the Crusade VI

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by BrentEllison, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Kaelin Kaelin Curator

We miss you Miguel! Can we get you as a community mod now, at least? XD
  2. Kaelin Kaelin Curator

I don't know why I can't help but keep thinking about the Gates of Ahn'Qiraj event from WoW when I think up ideas for interesting campaigns in EC. I.e., making the acquisition of 'things' more important than 'places'.

( http://wowwiki.wikia.com/Gates_of_Ahn'Qiraj )
    High_Adept_Zeth likes this.
  3. High Adept Zeth High_Adept_Zeth Arkhona Vanguard

You revealed too much little Eldar.Your heart will explode...
    Kaelin likes this.
  4. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

matchmaking game is exactly the opposite of what a mmo is.
  5. That is the missing piece in my idea/argument/guess. I have no idea how that would transfer over to our "open world" once we get to that point.
  6. Nathan Richardsson Oveur Senior Producer

Not entirely correct. Defiance is an open world MMO and it has lots of matchmaking mechanics in it. You just don't really see it. It's used very much in phasing for example, or entering PVE etc.

With Eternal Crusade, there literally is a continent where we build all the match locations on. Then we remove barriers and add some magic for more open battles, through the game modes, and you will see the light. Or the dark if it's night mode. Or in the warp storm.

HEEEEH. I'm excited. It's fun to talk about the things we can and are going to do, instead of endlessly talking about what isn't possible at this time.
  7. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Like guild ships where we can hang our banners of war and place our glorious dead ;)
    Brother_Nemiel, Terje and Kaelin like this.
  8. Do these mean that Eternal Crusade will have a version of Defiance's EGO level system then?
  9. Guirlos Guirlos Member

I think this thread deserves a Twich by its own. Eternal Crusade Special Edition, with beer, cake, lots of questions...
    Brother_Nemiel and Golokopitenko like this.
  10. Golokopitenko Golokopitenko Well-Known Member

Gotta ask, what of the classes the game currently has do you enjoy the most playing?