Background Image

State of the Crusade - 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Jan 18, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

New patch 1.8.0 is ok, I like the fact that we have new maps and one new weapon for every faction but I was disappointed there were no new weapon mods for weapons like Plasma Gun and Heavy bolters. At this point in time I was wondering how much more new content would be added in future (like Terminators, Librarians and other new classes...) or perhaps an Epic Expansion which costs real money to be purchased but ensures that the game is not pay to win would/could be in the works?
  2. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

I think the heavy infantry. (Termies,Meganobz and Wraithguard) Were all a "next year." Thing on the roadmap, but that was last year and I've not heard anything recent. I suspect longer than that, given what happened with the Autarch? That was delayed quite a bit.
    GrazewoundZeroLow likes this.
  3. Heavy infantry next year was when EC still had devs.
  4. I honestly don't mind no heavy infantry. They just seem out of place in EC and what would their roll realistically be?
  5. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

heavies are good but you need more big maps for that

almost all siege maps are ok except 2 (one is maggon and the other is the desert siege) to small for termies or wraithguards
  6. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Terminators were originally supposed to be "3 months after launch". -> December 2016/January 2017

In March 2017, bE showed a roadmap in a Twitch. Upon question, Nathan said that Terminators have no priority right now and neither does the vehicle-revamp.

In Summer 2017, Nathan said "what we meant was that bE could do Terminators in 3 months if all of our devs did nothing but Terminators."

In September 2017 bE stopped holding Twitches.

In their few public statements since, bE has not talked about Terminators. They have not talked about the vehicle-revamp. They haven't even talked about the garrison-revamp, which was supposed to be their next big thing.

The roadmap presented in Twitch 106, in March 2017, consisted of 2 major projects:
    * create more maps by modifying existing maps
    * more game-modes by changing numbers on existing game-modes

That was 14 months ago. How far has bE come with these projects?
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  7. I'm not really sure what you're trying to achieve with that post. Everyone knows development is down to two QA guys, and for that I'm really happy with what we get. You can pour as much salt as you want, as long as no one finds the formula to turn salt into gold there won't be funds for additional devs and we can be happy if they can keep the pace we're at now (like, better than nothing).

If we're lucky we'll get the workshop and thus some additional cosmetics.
  8. I'm happy with a lot of it, but things like Carmine are not good for anyone...
  9. Spookums MasterSpookums Well-Known Member

@Zael Two maps have been made and the garrison is being talked about now. I mean it doesn't appear to be much but given the two guys that are actually doing stuff at least we got something rather than nothing?

I can't wait until there's more corridors i can't fit my fat Meganob through given what it's like fitting regular Orks already.

I am curious on what weapons they'll have eventually. Wraithguard are very likely to come with the Wraith Cannon/D Cannon. I see LSM's having an Assault Cannon and a power fist, with CSM getting Autocannon and Powerfist. Maybe swapping the heavy weapon for a chainfist, or swapping both for lightening claws.

I think Meganobs are going to be limited to the Twin-Linked Shoota and a klaw, with the two melee as killsaws. Since Kombi weapons still aren't a thing.

Wraithguard are easy. They get the D-Scythe. Just make it a charge up one shot like the lascannon.

One thing I'm not looking forward to if their ever a thing is slower, klunkier orks.
  10. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Its good for me , dont generalize its bad