Background Image

State of the Crusade - 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Its good for me , dont generalize its bad
  2. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

EDIT: On second thought, the post was about pointing out that you can't trust bE's timetables and roadmaps.

The garrison has been talked about since at least March 2017.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. From my recent experience- the veteran player base are the only players who will kill or resurrect this game:

Since playing Ive encountered matches with only vet players steam rolling new players and beign toxic in chat- like really guys?

also perhaps zones should be locked like in eveonline where only be allowed after reaching a rank. I played eve for 5 years so this works really well there. and since the producer also has played eve- he knows what I mean.

balance is very tricky -it really depends on loadouts and squad communication, so I dont really have an opinion on this yet.

but my main concern is how unbalance the matches are in this game with loyal players who have reached max rank n gear with new players - this is something iam sure you guys have looked into- but really needs to addressed going forward if you want to resurrect this game with new and returning players.

iam sure everyone will have their opinion- but this is my experience returning to the game. I cameback in rank 1(Iam currently rank 4) looking forward to rank 5!

I believe this game could make a turn around- many current AAA shooters out there are currently failing- so I can see the playerbase in EC make a comeback, lets us be a part of it!
    Thraxus likes this.
  4. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

EC doesn't have enough players as is to seamlessly go from match to match. EC cannot afford to split the playerbase even more and create even more queues with even less people in them.

That's a misperception: The biggest difference is not the wargear of the character but the experience of the player. You can already do pretty well with a level 3 character.

Also, this game has mainly veteran players because new players aren't coming in sufficient numbers. And that is because EC has gained a bad reputation over time and doesn't have enough publicity and visibility to do something about it. Just google for reviews of Eternal Crusade.
  5. acepost acepost Active Member

Just wondering any new updates for SOTC for July and August 2018?
    Gravord likes this.
  6. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

With no offense intended to less experienced new players gear isn't actually that important especially for a 'vet' (struck to avoid confusion with the Vet Class) experienced player, . The amount of times I've deleted and started from scratch and still topped the charts with 'just out of the breach' rank 1 gear equipped is fairly common place. Been a couple of times I've killed vets with my rank 1's.

So because of that maybe it would be a good idea to lock Rank 1 to just Rank 1's through 3's. (except perhaps that Rank 1 is over in the blink of an eye)

Rank 2 to 6 are still lumped together so it'd just be Rank 1's that get a bit of a breather before going in full tit.

But yeah we just don't have the numbers to do that, it's a nice thought. I don't see it happening though.
  7. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

upload_2018-7-29_16-22-11.png
    Dovydas and Data8671 like this.
  8. Atsidas Atsidas First Blood!

it took years but he finally scored a hit, too bad it wasnt in game
    Durash, Elector, Krayt and 1 other person like this.
  9. This when?
  10. Construct_ Thraxus First Blood!

State of the Crusade - 40,2018