Background Image

State of the Crusade - 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

Point two goes well with my point as wel, thanks for having actual numbers to back up the new player experience. I never knew actual numbers existed, awesome.
  2. Basically this, no need to say more, more words won't help anything.

I call it bullshit good sir, we've already had too much hype. People just want a good, original game, with interesting mechanics and original and solid core features - things EC lacks. You won't fix a 25 year old car with awesome paint job and new shiny wheel rims. If you changed the engine and some other vital stuff - maybe.
    omarx, Brother-Bardiel, Corie and 3 others like this.
  3. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Sir?

The game is good. I don't think it would stand a chance as a generic lobby shooter, because it is not exceptional, but it is enjoyable, functional, fair and interesting. The 40K-flair creates a niche in which EC could, theoretically, exist.
    Corie likes this.
  4. If it was good like you're saying we wouldn't have topics like that in the first place, instead we would have dozens of thousands of players playing every day. People vote with their feet. ofc it doesn't stand a chance as a generic shooter, that's why I was talking about originality. The Wh40k skin is the only thing keeping it alive but it's extremely thin + it's just a skin, I don't see much soul here.
  5. Belphegor LordSloth Preacher

So nothing new is the message of the crusade? Everything was brought up before:
    • Russian Market still up for grabs - ~March 2017
    • New Gamemodes and new Maps - ~ February 2017
    • Workshop - ~September 2017
    • Buffing / Alternating Maps / Secondary Objectives - ~ August 2017
    • Drastically increasing Survivability - ~ Rolling back to February 2017 prior to 1.3
    • Partnerships Humble Bundle and Co- ~ Humble Bundle's January and March 2017
    • UE 4 Update to the newest Version and opening many many doors- ~ February 2017
    • Sisterteams helping out- ~ Mid 2017 before Noah/MChan left
    • Steam visibility beeing bad, yet other games prosper- ~ August 2017
    • UAT is for testing patches before they get rolled out- Since jbregg manages ~ April 2017
    • Playerrun events ftw- Philos (Bonzi Kitty Gaming) & Eternal Battles & Campaign Event nights 2016/2017.
    Glad you still feel you can turn this around and apparently the higherups in bE think that there is some ROI left in the game, but comparing EVE to EC is like pretending you can save the Titanic because you were the captain of the Queen Mary for a few years.
    omarx, Mhorge, AddyRedrum and 12 others like this.
  6. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

You don't honestly think people only complain when they have a reason for it, do you?
    As a matter of fact, if nobody complains, that usually means you got a problem.
  7. There's a difference between having a good game and ppl complaining about nothing or some minor details and having a poor one and ppl complaining about serious stuff (+ complaining for just the sake of it as there's not much else to do anyway).
  8. [WCA] Krataniel Kiwik Steam Early Access

I couldn't agree more.
    One of my friends tried to join, and unfortunately I wasn't able to play with him for her first games. She got PUGstomped pretty hard, and got so frustrated with the game she doesn't want to hear about it anymore, despite being a 40k fan.
    Similarly, the friends I started playing with all stopped playing after a few weeks, not because they didn't like the game itself, but because they said they weren't able to do anything with so many good players around;

Unfortunately the game is in a state where you basically have a playerbase composed of almost exclusively veteran players, those that stuck around and are still playing after all this time. The learning curve is thus very steep, not because of the game mechanics themselves, but rather because of the competition in PvP. You might be a decent newbie, but if you get in a match against WCA, POLB, MYST or DLB, you'll feel like a helpless grot in a den of Squiggoths...

As you said, we need to find a better way to communicate with new players. Inviting them in a guild, or even just offering to teach them in garrison might be an idea, but let's not forget about the potential "casual" market; and by that I mean those players who don't want to invest their time/motivation in joining a discord, or that might not feel confident enough about their english to do so.
    Ivrain, Talron, Firskon and 2 others like this.
  9. PurpleHaze PrplHze Steam Early Access

One day,....over the rainbow....
    Corie likes this.
  10. Gravord Gravord Active Member

Took 3 weeks of new year to compile post solely based on last year promises. Outstanding work. In the other news community manager finally officially moved to another project, so EC have at most 2 ppl supposedly working on the game. For sure they will make a lot of progress and save the game with average 250 players playing it...