Background Image

State of the Crusade - 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Lauriia Lauriia Arkhona Vanguard

Let's not confuse 50 vs 50 maps with SM vs CSM maps please guys. We all know Eldar and Orks don't even have 50 playerbase right now, thanks
  2. We're on track to have that sent out for approval by the 2nd of February. I assure you that every member of the team working to deliver this in a timely manner, and we make progress on it daily. By making sure the story "can be read in the game", how would ideally like that delivered? More importantly, what ways might you consider acceptable to have it delivered in? Terminals like you find in games like Deathwing and Inquisitor: Martyr? A link that opens to a website? I understand the desire to have it as a fully voice-acted CGI video masterpiece that makes you weep, but I'm confronted by the realities of the endeavor.

What I wouldn't give to get an Inquisitor voiced by Chris Metzen into game. Or Abaddon; not picky. Lol.
    Vaanes likes this.
  3. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Tbh not really looked at the workshop for EC / understood its purpose but speaking about modders in general they've been fixing skyrim since it came out and are still adding extra stuff so if there are people with the will and the knowledge to do that for an RPG I don't think its a huge stretch to think they could do something for EC, would greatly depend on the access they are being given
  4. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

True and IT worked (mostly) for Skyrim, because it is a singleplayer-game. Multiplayer and especially MMOs are aus different kind of beast.

Edit: Yes, there is a multiplayer Mod for Skyrim, but I don’t know much of it
  5. pinky EternalPink First Blood!

Don't think its quite that simple dude considering when it came out there was no way to get new animations in game, a very bright person made a tool to do that.

peeps wanted to use script functions that weren't in the game and someone made a script extender to allow.

Beth said they weren't gonna fix a load of stuff so unofficial patches do that

Google ENB to see how someone came up with a way to improve the graphics/memory management

But as I said it will depend on what access they are given, I think its more likely they will not be given enough access to make fundamental changes than their not being people with the skill set
  6. I'm pretty sure @Oveur said more than once that he would love to go full open source but it won't happen because of license stuff.
  7. Its called "Skyrim Together", and is currently hamstrung. Bethesda isn't allowing that mod on Steam Workshop because it causes competition with Zenimax Online's (Beth's parent company) Elder Scrolls Online.
  8. WHITE_mAn WHITE_mAn Arch-Cardinal

9. Krooza Nob Bozz KroozaNob Well-Known Member

... who are you and why should I give a zog about anything you say?
  10. Horus Firskon Cipher

So what? Nathan disappeared again, giving us empty promises. The eternal crusade is dying. Behaviour now makes a stupid game on the game of thrones.
    Gravord, Korel, Deadknight and 2 others like this.
  11. Proteus Lychoro ProteusVM Forum Beta Tester

It's alright, just look forward to 40k mod for ArmA 3 or the Men of War: Assault Squad 2 40k mod, they've even got working Orks now. But EC is pretty much dead at this point.

LOBOTRONUS and Firskon like this.