Background Image

State of the Crusade - 2018

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Oveur, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

I don't want it next patch. I want it before the year is over.

16 months after launch... and we still don't have what the official advertisement promised for launch.
  2. Zael Zael Well-Known Member

Tiny things that could help EC here and now and could be achieved with minimum effort.

- Allow two teams on a PvE-map and you instantly get PvPvE.
    Winner is who kills most Tyranids before time is up. Killing other team prevents them from killing Tyranids.
    (Nathan boasted in a Twitch that new game-modes are so much easier than new maps.)

- "Zone Mortalis"-maps: (I suggested this half a year ago)
    You design square map tiles: halls, corridors, tunnels...
    You mix&match them together into a random map. (Fuck balancing.)
    e.g. 3x3-grid = 2 dropzones + 7 random tiles
    7 random tiles with 2 possibilities for each => 2^7 variants = 128 new maps
    BOOM: New game-mode where you play on a "randomized" map.

- Make it so the background-story of the campaigns can be read in the game not just during the 5 times of the year when there is a campaign.

- Lobby-matches start with randomized ressources (e.g. vehicle -spawns, respawn-tickets, timers, capture-bar).

- For the new players: Faction-chat in lobby, so they can ask questions BEFORE the match starts.

- Replace the player-tips on the loading-screen with useful advice, e.g. "merge squads", "don't shoot into melee" or how to d-bash.
  3. [​IMG]
  4. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

planetside 2 servers are good now, 4 years not playing the game and i'm back

what servers are they using ?

can we still fix the game?

steam workshop now pls so the community can fix the game
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  5. Nope, this is

6. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

Ad1: Planetside 2 uses a costum, selfmade engine to handle the stuff, EC uses UE4 which is great for singleplayer and "good" for multiplayer (max @64 players, above it you need a good middleware too)

Ad2: I don't know who hosts their servers, but I bet it is nothing special at all (so no supercomputer, maybe the use google or amazon too, maybe some research gets the answer, but I'm too lazy for it)

Ad3: We, as players? Nope, no way we can fix it. EC has serious, fundamental problems, which can only be done by devs (and for that you need at least a full team for each part of developement, gamedesign, gamemechanic, programming, art, ...)

Ad4: You overrate the steam workshop, the Community can make visual stuff only, anything other would brake balance, mechanics, etc. even more. So mostly you will see skins for ca$h and with a big MAYBE maps (if they can handle it ...)
    Vaanes and Deadknight like this.
  7. Lord Ravagerx Deadknight Well-Known Member

really 64 max holy crap, what the hell, so not a war just recon team battle

wasted potential every time
  8. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

At least if I recall correctly it is native (build in) network. it is a bit more complex than that, but for MMO you need a lot of tweaks and costum build to fit your needs.
  9. Fortnite Battle Royale mode seems to be fine with 100 players. 50vs50 in EC would be pretty epic (though I don't expect it to happen, at least not before an UE update).
  10. Atarius Atarius First Blood!

Have to read it up again, (maxPlayers for each Game session). If it is more now, good for them.
    Change to a higher UE-version (4.12 or higher) won't change that much without middle- und backend changes.

50vs50 on the current maps won't work either, at least I don't think it would be fun (maybe fortress map + 1 or 2 other maps) ... Thats the crux of game design, everything is (somehow) connected ...