Background Image

State of Pfist.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jencent, Jun 5, 2018.

1. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

After a long-long-long pause off Eternal Crusade. I've tried to return back, but "Great Russian Firewall" was on another side of this question and didn't let me to play properly(50% chance of DC on logscreen).
    And afeter few matches, with my good old friend. I falled in thinks(Lets forget about my words on the pre-nerf patch on UAT in 2017):

- PF at this moment is overpriced for his possibilities.
    - He has same? DPS as other melee, but have awful mechanics to play with.
    - Still haven't no RSP system in melee brawl. Of Course, old PF with full RSP and non-telegraph attacks on heavy attack was totally OP and score of 40-50~kills was routine. And this wasn't good.
    - Melta weapon now do AV job better than PF. So... What a point to take PF as AV weapon? It have no sense.
    - After most of nerfs PF turn to "one way weapon". Were was no other way to fight with the exception of sprint-attack, which most of players can't use properly(I don't even know why).
    - At 06/06/18 PFist playstyle is based on bolt-pistol and grenades(Like in old times). PF become weapon of mind games and backstab-oneshots. Of course, player can reach high kill counter on this weapon, but it will be "totally luck" reached on noobs. After 3 matches 70% of my kills was only with bolt-pistol and grenades.

As is: It okay, when overpriced weapon so worthless? I was slightly disappointed by this fact, after i've tried to return in game.
    P.S. If Russian Firewall let me play without disconnects i'll fully retern to Eternal Crusade on my PFist. It was just my few cents.

@jbregg Can you say something about PF state? And what bE thinks about PF as "high tier" weapon? Or bE still think "now PF is balanced"?
  2. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

I know, i'm a pain in the ass, with my obsession by PF.
    foxstar likes this.
  3. It's a viable melee weapon for AP, not only AV.
    I've been trying all the melee weapons and have not found any that are not viable to use well.
  4. [​IMG]
    let me guess
    nobody miss sprint-attack PFist shitters
    this cancer is cured long time ago

the next one to plague doctor is a rollex I HOPE
    Data8671 likes this.
  5. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Fist ain't bad if you take Khorne to get some life back after inevitably taking a bunch of shots to the face during the windup. Sorry LSM, better sit this one out.
  6. I'm going to test it on LSM
  7. Deathwish Deathwish Well-Known Member

Are you good at melee? (Honest question, I don't know you) You can't really be bad at melee and also be in a position to pass negative judgement on a weapon because a bad player will always blame their tools instead of themselves.

I'm not a very good melee player but with the help of my buddy Khorne, I can make the fist work a little. So if a bad player can make the fist work, there must not be anything wrong with it.
    rbk2077 likes this.
  8. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

Let me clear this situation:
    I don't whine or anything else, what you can think. Just trying to point at frustrating situation with PF / Trying to make game a little better.
    foxstar likes this.
  9. Yeah melee is by strong point on EC. I made Power Maul work, and work very well. My highest kills was done with a power maul. Power Swords can be brutal, especially with plasma pistols. I amde the fist work on Chaos, after tesing on LSM so no mark of slaanesh, kind of viable, but nowhere near as good as anything else
  10. TGM Jencent Arch-Cardinal

Ya-ya, i get it, all in thread is pro-melee players and even on knife can reach 50+kills in any game, but let it keep for another thread.
    I'll wait answer of @jbregg and after his answer i use @Asheru button for close this thread.

P.S. It was hilarious, when @Deathwish recommend me "my core" Khorne Fist build.
    Cyborg_Dragon and Krayt like this.