Background Image

Specialized Classes?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Zaphkiel_ElRaziel, Oct 18, 2013.

1. I think the chaplain, librarian and techmarines are special classes that cost ressources to be used

2. Mmm I don't think so. If these special classes cost ressources to be used, cannot be personalized like the other normal clases. And that would be sad :(
  3. Zephemus Zephemus Subordinate

((I do no think they are needed as this would add other possible gameplay factors that might imbalance certain things and make the game a little less fun.

I would however think that obtainable items that mark you as a particular flavor of Space Marine (I wouldn't mind looking like a Wolf Guard, for instance) would be more than enough to substitute the need for specialized classes.))
  4. I would like to think, maybe a year or two after the game's release, the best of each chapter could perhaps become Sternguards or Vanguards. But that is just a dream. To be honest, I'd be happy with any of these directions if the developers decide to make a jump on em'.
    Unconquered likes this.
  5. Cpt. Ventris New Member

I believe scouts can be integrated into the game via a progression system: you begin the game as a neophyte and have to wait to be promoted to full Astartes status. This progression could be extended to other classes as well. There would still have to be a scout specialization though, otherwise there would be no scouts once everyone passed that progression point. I guess I would like to see players not start as an Adeptus Astartes but rather earn that status in game.
    Unconquered likes this.
  6. Venareus Hazard Member

I see your point and i like it but if it worked like that then in the beginning we'd be a Space Marine army with NO Space Marines lol
  7. Perhaps my wolves would give up their attack bikes in favor of thunderwolf cavalry. Slower in speed than a bike but very capable of slapping the enemy about in cqc
  8. kloikju kloikju Member

but that would be perfect way to reward dedicated free loaders erm players :)
    people who buy whole shabang pre/deluxe/extended version of the game get to be SM immediately, others have to earn it gradually
    everybody is happy (except 12 yo whiners who'll want everything at once for free but you can't avoid them anyway so...)
  9. It is very peculiar you say that because me and Venareus said that would be an excellent way to treat F2Pers.
  10. Unconquered Unconquered Subordinate

That's actually a really cool idea! That makes sense to have such high power limited but earn-able. I wouldn't use this idea for Sternguard or Vanguards because I would eventually like to just be one. However, for a Terminator this makes perfect sense because, honestly, I wouldn't wanna play a slow Terminator for the late half of the game; I would rather take the time of glory in the armor and then move on. Great idea, and I hope someone is listening to it.
    RockaGrand likes this.