Background Image

Special Marine Tacticals, Grav Gun or something else?

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by acepost, Jun 30, 2018.

1. acepost acepost Active Member

Hi guys, just wondering how many guys actually like and use the Grav gun regularly? Quite often but not all the time, I use up one slot for the Grav Gun Tactical. Sometimes I use Plasma Gun but more often than not I choose the Grav Gun.

How is the Grav gun performance for you and how do you use it? I try to combo my Grav Gun Tactical with my squad and get frags sometimes, but I think Grav gun damage is not exactly very high, it takes quite about 70% of one full bar to take out another full health Chaos Traitor most of the times?

Just wondering what weapons you prefer to use on your Tactical Marines these days and what tactics or techniques you recommend?
  2. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Use bolter if you want to kill stuff.
  3. Grav Gun works well on Eldar since it slows them down and it's easy to focus the head.

Bolter and storm bolter get the job done easier.
  4. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

Well, you can be a pretty good tactical supporter with grav, extra ammo and servo skull. But if you do that, you have to remember to support instead of going full Rambo, because that won't work.
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  5. Lady Rheeva Steam Early Access

Magno Grav is a pain for Wave Serpents, especially as part of a good AV-squad or on high traffic overlooks.
    The persistent myth that grav-weapons are somehow good against Eldar infantry is just that: a myth.
    Grav-pistols or a single grav-gun in a chokepoint can be a nasty surprise for melee-players but it's more than doubtful they are worth the LP/lost firepower. If you have problems headshotting with a Boltgun, Grav can be worth it on the right maps.
  6. It can work, but you are doing yourself a favor if you go Bolter-Tac instead.

Against Eldar or a lot of melee the Loadout can work quite well and the execution is big fun.
    It's definitly not meta though