Background Image

Space Wolf Priest can equip boltgun... Big. Mistake.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KharnVarus, Mar 22, 2017.

?

Boltguns for Wolf Priests - YES OR NO?

1. Yes, let them have them!

2. No, lore and assymetry heresy, burn!

3. Replace it with Storm Bolter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

It would be nice that the wolf priest could have had something else rather than a bolt gun. For Christ sake they are the chapters chaplains as well, give them a buff characteristic when they taunt or something it does not need to be massive.

Honestly I do think they need to add some minor passive abilities between chapters
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  2. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Good, at least you realize that nothing good can come out of it.

No, you misinterpreted mine.
    In TT, model counts on field for different armies isn't equal, in lobby shooter number of player is equal.
    That singular difference ALONE crosses out ALL TT inspired balance suggestions.

And yet, these mechanics work on completely different principles.
    NAMES of the powers are the same, everything else is completely separate stuff balanced specifically for the game.
    You're confusing nomenclature with balance again.

Its faithful to the lore as everything in the game is accepted by GW.
    It won't be faithful to the TT in any way, because you're literally holding a clay brick there and trying to make a chocolate cake out of it - you can't, you can make it so it looks the same, but this is where similarities end, there is too much stuff inside that make them completely different entities that have nothing in common with each other.

No, I'm going to end this discussion here, because you're hardly the first one since 2013 to try TT approach and I'm fed up of stupid people incapable of understanding that simple concept.

You can accept the fact that the game, as devs have stated hundreds of times by now, does not and will never take any balance inspiration from TT, because it doesn't work even within TT ruleset(as I've mentioned, game is tremendously imbalanced in the first place) and start making suggestions that aren't detached from reality or you can stick to your convictions and be labeled as another TT fool not worth further responses.

I've tried to educate you and bring you up to date, up to you what you'll do with it.
    I'm done with you.
  3. Jaywalker Jaywalker Steam Early Access

The only clay brick in this conversation resides within your head.
    Atsidas likes this.

4. I'm so beside myself and pissed off I can't bring myself to log in and play.
    Paeyvn likes this.
  5. Kurze spunkymonkeySK Subordinate

So melee support classes are having it bad.
    Only apothecary was still easy to use if taken as ranged.

So they fix this imbalance by taking the melee only lsm apoth of the SW, and allowing him ranged too...

Genius.

Well that's LSM sorted.

I imagine the melee rebalance we are getting will probably focus solely on the maul type weapons and add true grit for all lsm assault classes.

Game fixed ta dah
    Alb likes this.
  6. Alb - Alb Alb Steam Early Access

I'm not too hung up about wolf priest having a bolter now, healer with bolter isn't really anything we're not already seeing. I'm just disappointed that this is how they're approaching balance. It's an incredibly lazy and uncreative approach.
  7. Paeyvn Paeyvn Well-Known Member

Srsly. If people are using the combimelta/flamer/plasma as proof Wolf Priests can get them, where are the Sorc's Boltguns then?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OH LOOK! Sorcs get the same options except their version of Storm Bolter rather than an actual Storm Bolter! (I'm not even going to mention the JUMP PACK in the list.)

@Oveur When will this be fixed?

Also...when are Traitors getting Chainswords alongside their Boltguns? They can do it in Tabletop!

[​IMG]

Loyalist Tacticals should also lose their knife and melee as well as a Devastator, they don't get Close Combat Weapons/Chainswords in Tabletop and you can't buy an upgrade for it either. (If anyone wants to nitpick Close Combat Weapon instead of Chainsword, the models have Chainswords, identical stats. I'm also not serious about the Loyalists losing their knives.)

You know what, no, I'm continuing further. Why only give the Special Snowflake Wolves on SM special treatment and bonus gear they shouldn't have over other equally deserving units, when are Sanguinary Priests (another apo from the SM faction) going to get the love they deserve despite being in the game for a whole hell of a lot longer? Where are my Inferno Pistols, Thunder Hammers, and Jump Packs? (I can wait for the animations for the Thunder Hammer, it's okay, I'll settle for the Power Fist for now).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm sorry to rant, but this actually, legitimately, for the first time in this game's history has actually pissed me off. I like asymmetric balance and uniqueness between factions. I don't actually want these things in the pictures really, I'm just illustrating a point here. Wolf Priests are the new kids on the block and they're getting more attention than classes that have been in the game for what, 6 months to a year longer? In the process also destroying asymmetric balance and faction uniqueness while homogenizing everything. This is a bad precedent. If you're going to break lore to give them preferential treatment, you can at least be consistent with it or give people the wargear they actually do have access to.
  8. ... or they could just make existing psyker powers not suck?
    Xeltan, Aislinn, Celestia and 8 others like this.
  9. Thana Thana Curator

Or they remove the Bolter from both Apo and Corgi Priest and Bring them in line with the other support :p
    Houngar, Celestia, Reede and 3 others like this.
  10. DongSlayer DongSlayer Steam Early Access

what makes you think this is not the case now :p
    Houngar and Alb like this.