Background Image

Space Wolf Priest can equip boltgun... Big. Mistake.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KharnVarus, Mar 22, 2017.

?

Boltguns for Wolf Priests - YES OR NO?

1. Yes, let them have them!

2. No, lore and assymetry heresy, burn!

3. Replace it with Storm Bolter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

If were going by lore and table top I can't wait to put a jump pack on my loyalist healing bot of death. A one man shit storm, hey just throw in a shield for good measure and I got you Rambo
    Paeyvn likes this.
  2. There's already an LSM with the name Rambo, I've seen him. YOU'RE TOO LATE.
    Sumshine and Brad83 like this.
  3. Tiberius Brad83 Subordinate

Dread when are you in game would be nice to pair up with you some time, you strike me as quite fun to be in a team with.
    Delgear and Sumshine like this.
  4. Lerdoc Katitof Well-Known Member

Hahaha, now you literally made me cry out of laughter IRL, that sentence is sooooo ironic, especially considering the fact that I'm full time game designer and that's what I do for a living.

No, you display a tremendous lack of understanding basic concept of balance.

Yes, and it is applied already in quite a few games and ALL of them have the exactly same thing in common - they are ALL single player RPGs. Why? Because that translation does not work for any other genre setting.

Not to action game, not without completely losing balance or making gameplay extremely dull.

Examples:
    D&D vs Neverwinter Nights vs Neverwinter Online vs D&D Online.
    D&D ruleset is well represented in NVN, but it have no right working in mmo setting, because it would result in horribly static and boring to play game. That SPECIFICALLY applies to action, action RPG, FPS and TPS games, hence these games NEVER take from the ruleset of TT games they are based on.

Battlefleet Gothic RTS vs TT
    You have some inspirations, certain counters, but rules are NOTHING alike and nor is the balance. Why? Because TT ruleset is impossible to translate in any way outside of fleet point value.

Warhammer Fantasy TT vs Total War: Warhammer
    This one is rather self explanatory. You have low RNG outside of artillery, you have just stats vs stats as opposed to dice rolls.

Tactical can kill eldar in almost equal time as eldar can kill marine in EC.
    I guess Eldar are equally powerful as marines in TT in 1:1 basis then.
    You can't even tell inspiration from TT from actual game balance, you aren't even aware why values are set as they are.
    Nyhilist and KharnVarus like this.
  5. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

Not even close, Eldar as no chance against a Tactical, and since Corgi priest got a new toy we can't fight him anymore. I haven't seen a SINGLE Corgi priest with Croxius since the patch, all running bolter.... Huuuum I wonder why.

This patch, this shit right there is what we are not asking for. Again a patch filled with LSM content and few for the rest. Ho yay we can finally brace the Tempest, AFTER ALL THIS TIME.

SH is supposed to be able to take down support, as they are priority target. Sorcerer: doable, Painz: doable, apho: prepare to be shot, corgi: doa...hooo fuck...
    Paeyvn likes this.
  6. Such an extremely disappointing move @BHVR. It cannot help but feel like a sell out to a F2play, Call of Duty fanbase.

Why aren't community polls or community feedback being sought out prior to such poor game design choices being considered? The polls speak for themselves.

If we want a pure shooter we can take our business elsewhere. Don't rely on the 40K brand keeping 40K fans around with these types of sell out changes to our beloved game. We are the one's who will be here next year, 5 years, 10 years from now paying for DLC while the F2play crowd will have moved on to the latest and greatest installment of COD or Battlefield.
    Aislinn, Mozinwrath, Paeyvn and 3 others like this.

7. Far from the truth my friend.

I'm a hardcore Wolf fan and in an all Wolf guild. This is a sell out move, a short cut, one step closer to Call of Duty. This makes Wolf Priest a reskinned Apothecary. Terrible move.
    NinjaPlays, ranel003, Paeyvn and 2 others like this.
  8. Jaywalker Jaywalker Steam Early Access

You have nothing to base this upon, hell, my entire argument in two other threads hinges upon the fact that interpreting the rules wrong would be disastrous.

That is simply false. Just because the concept was never truly tested, doesn't mean it wouldn't work.
    Not only that, you also misrepresent my argument, which is not to have a 1:1 translation.

What I want is to have every aspect represented, as faithfully as it is possible within the confines of the TPS genre.
    Take Neverwinter(2013 MMO) for example, another D&D adaptation, specifically to the TPS control scheme.
    The classes are based on specific builds, and the values are adjusted to suit a .5% increase MMO progression scheme, but it does a fairly faithful job at representing the 4th edition ruleset, with concepts such as per-encounter and daily powers/abilities, or action points, present.

This is the kind of thing I want to see done to EC: faithful in concepts, it's own thing in numbers.
    Right now that's missing in countless areas, often to the detriment to your (oh so precious) balance.
  9. FreeMek Gortflagg Nexle09 Arkhona Vanguard

Dey got a zoggin' lsm fanboi in dere
  10. Mozinwrath Mozinwrath Steam Early Access

This is a result of people not knowing that there is a large difference between the two. They just assume that a Wolf Priest is the chapter Apothecary (which they don't even have).

Space Wolves are an entirely different can of worms (as far as Chapter differences go), and were treated like a random, generic Space Marine Chapter. So much so, that the description for the Fang of Morkai (placed over a Narthecium they shouldn't even have) is a direct copy/paste from the Lexicanum entry-
    http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Fang_of_Morkai

But some of the voices still make me laugh, so there's that.
    Paeyvn likes this.