Background Image

Space Wolf Priest can equip boltgun... Big. Mistake.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by KharnVarus, Mar 22, 2017.

?

Boltguns for Wolf Priests - YES OR NO?

1. Yes, let them have them!

2. No, lore and assymetry heresy, burn!

3. Replace it with Storm Bolter!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Atsidas Atsidas First Blood!

i dont think so? im probably missing something since i never cared for Warmahordes
  2. Iratus Iratus Prefectus

My GSC army is a bunch of Necromunda models set up as War Boys.

My assault units have chrome painted mouths and I shout WITNESS THEM! On every successful charge. Especially the suicide ones.
    Safreadis likes this.
  3. The new AoS "dwarf' army is so steam punk it looks like it's ripped straight from a Warmachine game.
  4. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

Simple ork kunnin. Ya use da boom to fuel da boyz rokkit.
    Xi0 likes this.
  5. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

What in the flying fuck is this about Space Furries getting bolter rifles?....for what purpose, did we not learn anything after the whole debacle about them being broken as shit with Rites of Fire?....

Oh god...the devs are actually listening to the wrong parts of the community....this seems like the Alliance in WoW, Warframe babies, LoL players, etc etc.

Nothing is sacred about this game anymore, its basically just a free for all with the LSM getting buffed constantly.
    Xeltan likes this.
  6. Iratus Iratus Prefectus

I'm sorry but I don't think even I've made a post that belligerent or salty over literally nothing.
  7. Atsidas Atsidas First Blood!

ahh, i getcha
  8. Aceryl Aceryl Menial

In terms of effort in coding...it would take the same time to give bolters to sorcerers, warlocks and painboyz.

"but it isn't lore accurate!", it's not accurate either for Space wolves.

The DEv's excuses has to work both ways....

If they give the option to go ranged, to the only melee support niche on the LSM side, because it's easier for the apothecary. Then they admit ranged is easier, and therefore melee supports are not in a good place right so.
    They then proceed, with a lore inacurrate cheap solution, showing that they don't care, as long as it fixes a niche whining...while leaving the other melee supports unattended.
    So they shouldn't care either, and when they enabled bolter for WP loadouts, they might have done it for other melee supports aswell.

I can guarantee you, that LSM wouldn't find that funny one bit. When they had Ork pain Boyz with bolters melting entire enemy ranks. Or any other melee support for that matter. But for WP it's ok?

They went to the trouble of creating a melee support for LSM, since the start where they announced Space wolves to be released, and it was fine, raping all that time with fire rites, and doing great when melee wasn't bogged. But NOW, that melee isn't fine, let's just give them a bolter, and say "fuck off" to all other melee supports?

And saying that "we will focus on creating more powers, instead of fixing the existing ones?", i mean, there's enough suggestion pages, to compile an entire encyclopedia, and they are going on to create more fail powers like the ones we already have? I guess we will all have a huge spell book of useless powers then... Don't know why the emperium is so affraid of rogue psykers...if all their powers are embarassing.

In the meanwhile, While you take 12 months to create a decent option for every melee support....Why not just give bolters to everyone? It doesn't take much coding...nor time...nor effort...And hey...it worked for the wolfpriest..
  9. Pouncey Pouncey Subordinate

The fact that they are incredibly powerful and may have powers capable of ending all life on a planet, along with the never-ending threat of demonic invasion, generally. That, plus they are freethinkers, and you know the Imperium hates independent thought.

The game's not lore-accurate, obviously.
    ZeroZX likes this.
  10. The thread went from Wolf Priest boltguns to Eldar girls being impregnated by Space Marines to Rogal Dorn's shenanigans to joking(?) suggestions about jump classes getting heavy weapons which would admittedly be hilarious to being on track again.

It's a wild, wild ride like a space hulk in a warpstorm.
    Xeltan and DerelictHeretic like this.