Background Image

space wolf - pc version

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Grigdusher, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

2. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

3. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

4. Bleh, shame.

Game looks kinda interesting but you lost me at Space Wolf.
  5. Did they at least fix the rewards? Because Deathwatch can only be played by cheating the card packs.
  6. All those turn-based games... why? When all we want is something like Space marine II?
  7. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

You have to think of it from a business viewpoint, the days of games being made through passion are almost extinct. Games now are made for one reason, profit. These type of games cost nothing to make but can earn a ton of revenue with in game cash shops. Mobile gaming has really changed the platform on how game companies now approach the market, this is why we're seeing so many many ports of Warhammer games, they start on the phone then move over to PC but they're still mobile games.

Now why don't we see AAA Warhammer games? Again I think we have to approach it from a business standpoint. Firstly you have to buy the license from GW, which costs money, then you have to have everything you make approved by the Company itself, this costs time and time costs money. A company would rather make their own IP and have control of their product when they're pumping a huge ton of cash into it.

My opinion on the subject :)
  8. You are goddamn right on that, im pretty sure that's exactly why nobody ever uses that GW Licence to the fullest.
    40K Fans also buy crappy games in hope that something will hit and that makes money. (Just to make sure: Nothing against that space wolf thingy talked about in this thread. Havn't tried it, can't judge it, but you know what i mean?)

But just think of it... what awesome games you could make with it... T_T
    AddyRedrum likes this.
  9. Some people LIKE turn based :p If anything turn based games are probably the most accurate to a TT translation anyway.

I mean shit...I'm still sitting here wishing Square would pull their heads out of their asses and make a Final Fantasy game with a god damn turn base system again. I'm actually sad to hear that it looks like even the FF7 remake they're doing is going to be "action based" combat now. HOW IS IT A REMAKE THEN?
  10. They haven't made a proper Final Fantasy after IX (X was passable though), wouldn't expect them to have the necessary witpower to understand that they actually don't have to screw up a perfectly functional system.