Background Image

Space marines, we seriously need to stop our bullshit... (Xenos and heretics also required here)

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by Water_Snake, Apr 5, 2017.

1. Viktor Aramorae TheWarpsmith Well-Known Member

This so much. It isn't that other factions don't have these issues but rather they don't go over the top being asshats like how LSM does. I refuse to be a SL these days after an experience I had on Ork side where I set a point and gave orders only for everyone to do the opposite and flat out refuse to just do the objective. That was a rare occurrence on Ork side but it is like that nearly every game on LSM and it gets irritating.
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  2. Fangz Fangz Menial

You could flip a few pages down the LSM faction forum. I believe there are more "how to play as a new player" threads here than anywhere else. But nobody reads them.
    In garrison there are always major guilds practicing and if people ask questions there will always be someone answering. But noobs just go into practice areas to shoot at people practicing.
    I never tried Reddit, but posting in Steam community also resulted in dead threads.
    We've tried hard, but LSM performance is still bottomless low after F2P.
  3. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

As the saying goes to learn one must be able and willing.Even the best teacher in the world cannot teach those who are unwilling. And in certain cases as the internet as shown unable to learn.
    Cegorach and Kaptin_Pokkets like this.
  4. Imperator5 Imperator5 Active Member

I have not even read those threads about how to play beside a generic one, but damn, the lack of teamwork is apalling for even a mediocre noob like me.
    Kaptin_Pokkets likes this.
  5. MrBanditFP BanditFleshpound Steam Early Access

Unless you can melt their gates in brain so you can insert some tactics.
  6. SmurfKun Tamu Well-Known Member

For there is the saying in one ear and right out the other. Ive parked a rhino of info in their brain and mag locked it so they couldnt try it away and yet all they saw was useless metal bauxes. (Like seriously had to argue with 3 rank 6 players in a fort map once that enemy transport that have broken trough the gate must be destroyed because they provide a constant stream of enemy reinforcement if we didnt and they kept saying vehcials didn't matter only kills...even tho we were defenders.. sigh and these people are rank 6)
  7. XavierLight XavierLight Well-Known Member

Crap like this is why I took to being dedicated AV in Dust514 and why I do it here.
  8. Well..I play all factions, but primarily eldar. From my experience, I think LSM are easily in a good spot. And here's why.

I play dire avenger mainly for eldar, so a lot my game is spent ducking, hugging walls, running away, hiding, never being alone and trying to get headshots constantly. I usually achieve 15-20 kills a match now, and usually cap a point or so. I'm used to being killed in 4 shots, so death is just a part of life, constantly, as eldar. Takes a lot of coordination to achieve success as eldar, and even the it's usually a phyric victory, where you barely win a match.

Jumped on my LSM tac yesterday for the first time in 2 months. Killed 20 some guys in my first match, died like 5 times. Played my ork shield slugga vs eldar and killed 35 in melee. Playing eldar has made me a much better player with other factions. This is because, as had been said before, and eldar player literally has to play twice as well as the enemy to achieve similar results. No offense, just the truth.

I was talking with my guildies today and we all noticed how people are starting to be less salty in general. People are starting to play all factions and realize both sides of the story. I think that's a good thing, and we need more of it. I think there would be a lot less complaining if that were the case.
    ANGRY-MARINE and Faeruin like this.
  9. ANGRY MARINE ANGRY-MARINE Well-Known Member

People tend to forget that transports have a respawn time. When you've blown up a couple in a short amount of time, suddenly you'll notice that the horde of reinforcements coming up to your battlements has been stalled.
    BanditFleshpound likes this.
  10. Ain't this the truth. Whenever I spawn at a point and it's being overwhelmed I don't even bother fighting. I just spawn anti vechicle and go blow up some Tranports. I think a lot of game losses come from not fielding enough AV. You're whole team can play like shit and you can still pull of a slight win or slight loss if you have one or two AV guys on the ball all game.