Background Image

Space Marines Missing the basic classes and weapons.

Discussion in 'Space Marines' started by BAA, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Why is the space marine scout not a class? This is the basic class in the space marine soldier structure. Eldar have stealth and you discard the scouts? I thought this game was created by fan based devs? Anyone thats played a Warhammer 40k game knows this faction has scouts. Another question is ammunition types is totally missing from this game. I thought that would be something you would have available to Space Marines considering how the other factions have element weapons.

This seems to degrade the quality of the faction more than anything. We don't even have access to FLAMERS! I really hope you devs put the basic scout in for the faction, and add the ammunition types for bolters here. It is like common knowledge in this universe. Veterans being a one time spawn is not cool. People complaining about power creep if it is a issue, should refer to another few games that will be fun for them in the regards of COD and PS2.

Warhammer is about the best gear the best weapons, finding these weapons using them in combat against your foes. I always enjoyed this universe. However, I don't approve of a one time spawn for veterans. These players and units should mean veterancy this is something that is proven in this universe time in combat more equipment better soldiers/tactics.

I am just surprised at how the basic stuff is missing from this game. It is like you practically copied Warhammer Space Marine and pasted it in this sort of Universe with a timer. I don't get the timer in this game either. I dislike it. Doesn't fit.

Give the Space Marines what they deserve.

Incendary Rounds

Kraken Rounds

Hellfire Rounds

All the other factions easily cut through Marine armor so its like we have to compensate for bad dps on our side. Eldar rip through veteran armor like paper. This doesn't seem right. This game has a lot of potential, so why miss the simple stuff without taking into account it is like CORE?
  2. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

I'm gonna say this as a SM main. Spread the love around a little, then come back and give SM more stuff. Those ammo types specifically I want to see in game, but they're a Sternguard thing so would logically be veteran only.

And no one would play scouts, for damn sure I wouldn't, the devs seem shy about one-shot ranged weapons unless the Orks have them.

Edit: aside from the dogshit lascannon and the hysterically easy-to-miss-infantry starshot
  3. 0strum 0strum Arkhona Vanguard

There are AP rounds for the bultgun, those could easily be renamed Kraken rounds as they do exactly what Kraken rounds do: increase armour penetration.
    Overseer, Cath and Ephaistos like this.
  4. CMDante CMDante Arkhona Vanguard

Almost, krakens increase effective range by 25% too.
  5. I get that you want more stuff for your faction but, space marines already have enough toys.
    The other factions especially are still missing basic weaponry. So do the community a favour and ask for more xeno sfuff.
    Houngar likes this.
  6. Fryskar Fryskar Active Member

While i would like to see more mods (heavy weapons especially) there is no way that you could convince me that LSM needs some exclusive ttk reducing mods.
  7. If anything needs more stuff, it's probably orks or eldar.

Eldar specifically. At least Orks have a lot of customization.
    Arkhan-the-Black likes this.
  8. Blasron Paquet Active Member

Yeah but ork need a lot of fixing, the poor bastard :(
  9. SgtSixpack Recruit

Eldar have the most classes, and the highest run speed to maximise the "you can't hit me because of lag" classic of FPS.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.