Background Image

Space Marines Leader Reveal / Voting Options

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by KatieFleming, Jun 19, 2015.

1. Katie Fleming KatieFleming Former Community Manager

Hey Crusaders!

In case you missed today's Twitch, we announced the Space Marines leader - Belial!

[​IMG]

Belial of the Dark Angels, Grand Master of the Deathwing, is a tactician without peer and the Chapter’s most loyal paladin. He slew the Chaos Lord Furion in single combat, held back Ghazghkull’s forces on Piscina IV and routed the Violators on Terraq. Even so, Belial does not revel in triumphs but begrudges his losses, castigating himself for the least mistake. Those beneath him have come to expect that, after each action – even the most glorious victories – Belial will find them and assign each his own specific penitence. Such discipline is not lamented, but embraced, for Belial is righteous and his success undeniable.

Starting next Wednesday, June 24th you'll be able to cast your vote for the 5th sub-faction:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Gotrek40k, Crioxus, Henribar and 15 others like this.
  2. Valrak Valrak Arch Cardinal Superior

Fantastic Twitch show, still in shock.
    Crioxus and BikerTroll like this.
  3. Belial is a great choice.

Lots of lizards will be angry. I'll be voting Raven Guard.
    BrotherZadakiel and XRuinX like this.
  4. Zaeryn Zaeryn Master

Fixed.

Just watch Be-lie-all try and assign penitence to a Space Wolf. We can start our extermination of that traitorous legion on Arkhona.
    Gotrek40k and Galen like this.
  5. Any choice will be a terrible choice to somebody. Just as it was a great choice to me. At least the fluff is interesting enough to create these kinds of conflicts.
    BrotherZadakiel and Alladhiir like this.
  6. Belial is a respectable leader, as powerful and capable as any Astartes out there. Good choice!
  7. Zaeryn Zaeryn Master

Still don't see how a Captain compares to Abaddon, a Phoenix Lord and Dreadnought-sized Ork Warboss. If that were really case, why not just send a Chapter Master to wipe the floor with all 3 of them at once?
    Njord-Halfhand, Piece0f and Jochon like this.
  8. Thresh Phelan_Stonewolf Well-Known Member

Yea seems kind of weak to have just a Captain running the show. I don't dislike Belial but he doesn't necessarily fill me with interest, either.

Needed someone with a bit more pull, but I guess it makes a kind of sense with all the DA story love and the fact the Fallen are going to be present.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  9. Heimdall Theroja Curator

Great show, thanks....but Belial, really? :/
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  10. Captain of the first company of the first legion. I agree there's an imbalance, but let's not overstate it.
    Njord-Halfhand and Targus like this.