Background Image

Sorcerer Woes

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by SpacePatton, Oct 5, 2017.

1. I have to love that swapping spells knocks us out of sprint mode because..................................?

Force.

Who knows what it does exactly while in game? How do you know when force is working? How do you know when force has faded? Does the Force buff fade? If so, what causes the effect to fade? Does force need to be reapplied every X number of times we Y?

Force is a mess IMO and was obviously rushed out the door. Proper tooltips and spell descriptions for most spells is warranted. Noticeably missing for all spells are Proper UI elements that should be giving us total situational awareness of all of our spell, buff and debuff effects.

-icons over enemy heads that fill "up" as we're applying stream of corruption so we know exactly which enemies are afflicted and when we've reached max saturation. As the spell effect fades the icon overhead of our enemies drains "down".

-a mana bar to the left side of our character, opposite of the stamina bar. The mana bar should work just like the stamina bar, only showing up when we use mana or when mana is regenerating.

-Proper buff and debuff icons with large, noticeable icons over our character's head as the buff is applied. Accompanying audio cues when the effect is fading and when the effect is no longer present.

-Proper icons over our character's head when we swap spells. Each spell has an accompanying AUDIO and VISUAL CUE. The audio cue plays(different sound for every spell) and the visual cue pops up over the head of our character as we equip each spell then fades away after a few seconds. No more looking "off screen" to the tiny ass icon at the bottom right corner of our screen to see what spell we have up.

[​IMG]
    Schwifty, Arkhan-the-Black and Krayt like this.
  2. MEGANOB MADNESS TheMadnesss Arkhona Vanguard

i saw sorceror, i thought of the magik git in Dawn of War 2R...i think of staves...
    i load up class...no staves...i am a sad ork dat sumtimes likes magik
  3. Catnium Catnium Well-Known Member

Good
    Now put all those markers in the bottom left bar above the HP and shield bars like a normal game that tries to avoid UI clutter would have and you might be on to something.
  4. I hate having to scroll from heal to spell utility is there any way to just tap a key and it changes it instead? My sorcerer doesn't use a pistol so I'd LOVE to bind it to R. But that means all my other classes wouldn't be able to reload their weapons.
    Njord-Halfhand likes this.
  5. The Lash of Slaanesh is a bunch of bullhonkey, if you don't roll out of it and/or have a nice big hit box (likesomefactionsdo*cough*) you'll be BDSM'd to death.
  6. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

What if that is your kink, Rokdak?

You ain't a kinkshamer are you?

[​IMG]
  7. Because the coding for spells is presumably based upon that of ranged weapons (bolt pistols in this case) aka weapons that can be swapped, and swapping weapons cancels out sprint. Why it hasn't been fixed? There's too many other minor and major things in the game that need to be fixed before this.
    Unless this was a rhetorical question, in which case whoops.
  8. dx144 likes this.
  9. dx144 dx144 Well-Known Member

Daddy-Senpai...
  10. Thrakka Thrakka Master

RIGHT? Painboy iz da biggest piece of crap version of apoc eva!