Background Image

Sorcerer Woes

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by SpacePatton, Oct 5, 2017.

1. SpacePatton Recruit

Now Sorcerer is a great class, it offers some fun healing spells which turn great csm into demigods. However it does have some flaws in it's execution. First and formost the way their weapons operate in the game, flickering flame and lash have one fatal flaw that makes me angry I didn't pack a bolt pistol (Which wouldn't matter as we'll touch on later) they cannot shoot down over railings. Despite being fired directly from the sorcerer's hands. This makes useing them for their intended harassment pourposes very annoying. The bolt pistol does not have this issue.

Also fun to note is how stupidly silly it is to watch the sorcerer do his weapon switch animation to change spells. Only to take out the same empty hand as before, and proceed to shoot mind bullets. Compare this to say the apothecary who has all his tools at his disposal, and can use them without switching weapons etc. Now for a solution to this problem I'd reccomend to make spells alternate firemodes for a single weapon, since they draw from the same ammo pool. This would make offensive spells much more viable, and make warp stability less of such a fucking bitch and a half to use. However currently an apothecary on a good team can often outperform a sorcerer due to a bunch of finicky bullshit. Also buff force pls and thank you.
    Njord-Halfhand and Firskon like this.
  2. Go home; you're drunk!

Buff force?! It's OP right now with increased melee damage.

Be lucky you actually have tier 1 melee stats unlike 'Urty Syringe.
    LOBOTRONUS likes this.
  3. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Force Power is still planned to be turned into a toggle on/off kinda thing, when we will see that realized is anyones guess.
  4. SpacePatton Recruit

Yeah but you get on hit dot along with a pistol that outclasses stream of corruption in every sense of the word.
  5. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Wow stop it now , are you saying that the painboy is better than sorcerer ? good lord
    Thrakka likes this.
  6. SpacePatton Recruit

No I was saying their meelee have their own strengths and weaknesses. Also this thread isn't asking for "MORE NUMBERS PLEASE" it's to discuss some quality of life changes for the sorcerer class in the chaos space marine section. If painboy has problems please go to the ork section. Make a thread, and discuss it there. If you DO want to hear my opinion on the xenos medics I hate playing both of them.
  7. Krayt Krayt Preacher

Oh so you hate warlock ? Interesting since its a sorc equivalent
    Your "quality of life" are not top priority , nobody cares that sorc cant shoot over railings w2 have important stuff to fix before
  8. Mkoll Oan-Mkoll Steam Early Access

9. Teef Trooper909 Recruit

Other than those miner problems I always found sorc to be a pretty solid class.

Does Warlock suffer the same problem of not being able to cast over railings? I've never been stupid enough to use destructor even once and cba testing it myself right now.
  10. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

You get the better force power because your get the Warp Thirst axe to combo it with force, force is fine tbh just spell swapping animations should be near instant imo to make the class less clunky, also let me spell swap mid sprint, it's magic not a holstered/sheathed firearm/blade
    Oan-Mkoll, Bugz and Doomness1000 like this.