Background Image

Soooo...clans back when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadspectre, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

With all the games I've done with and against guild run, the maximum I've seen in 10 players with the same tag (and it was one in multiple games).
    It was generally 4-7 players.
  2. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

Politely and respectfully, I suggest that you have made a (probably unintentional) straw man argument.

Clans don't have the tools necessary to conduct GvsG in anything but a rudimentary manner. PuGs do not have the communication tools and necessary matchmaking to allow for even group sizes and abilities. The core game outside of battles lacks organisational and communication elements necessary for everyone.

You could characterise it as neglect if you want to (I would not). If you do, be mindful that we're all in the same boat from whether we're in a guild or not.

The server needs to run or no one gets a game of any description.
  3. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

I prefer unorganized play.
    https://webmshare.com/q7qY3
    https://webmshare.com/3wNqn

I remember LASH helping new chaos recruits over voip back in the alpha(?) including myself, and having knowledge being shared of where rhinos were and if anyone needed help/where to get kills. I just want to get to stable servers and working basic functions. I know we share a boat but the boat was better at one point since it had phones :p. I really think with a proper chat/mute functions implemented people would enjoy the game more and be more likely to find other people they enjoy playing with.
    duffmek, DrDooManiC and Chuffster like this.
  4. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

Integrated VOIP would improve things. I have my doubts that it's the universal solution a lot of folks think it is. For instance the servers cover players from countries with a lot of different languages.

I have varying degrees of understanding for typical EU server player languages that are not English. For Spanish, French, Italian & German I have some understanding, beyond that I have no clue. I certainly couldn't hold a conversation in any other language much above ordering food in a restaurant badly. Not useful in this game unless we start referring to Transports as food items. Pan aqui, pain ici, pane qui, brot hier (all terrible I expect). Which reminds me, I need to go and buy some bread.
    DrDooManiC likes this.
  5. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

Besides the fact making bread is simple and I urge you to try it, I know it won't be a magic solution but it would salve some of the wounds created in haste. The only magical solution is dumping tons of effort and time into something. While it isn't pretty it is needed, and I think we are still working on this part.
    Chuffster likes this.
  6. Nearly everyone in the EU has english as second language in school. Believe me, im no different then you when it comes to other languages like spanish, italian, polish etc. etc. but normaly when someone from EU goes into a Multiplayer, they speak English (some better then others of course)

Unless we talk french people. For reasons i don't know they seem to reject talking anything but french :EldarWarlock:
    Chuffster likes this.
  7. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

Because our learning system is shitty when it come to foreign languages. I've learned all by myself and by travelling in Australia.
    Still, ~30+% of our population talk only french and the rest may have learned something else and not English.
    On CSGO, people don't want people talking russian only, I don't want french people. In MMO I go for international guilds.

And voice chat IG will just add more salt and trolling IMO
    Sily and DrDooManiC like this.
  8. Ah, as said, i don't know :D
    But makes sense somehow, i can't imagine french people don't want to be understood.
    Yes, russians are somehow similar to this, but you can't blame people for not speaking a language i guess..

Also, of course there will be trolling and such, that's why features like a mute button should exist, or an indicator on who is talking so you can report that one.
  9. KHETTI Well-Known Member

I had a really good laugh at your ignorance Dregzeir, you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, please stop.
    Drakonite likes this.
  10. Chuffy Chuffster Deacon

VOIP is the simplest and quickest solution. So it's probably the best bet for now.

The current V-chat system is extremely limited. If they were to unshackle it from the need to have full voice over and console controller compatibility, they could put in a lot more useful messages. These extra messages could appear in text, in a language the client chooses. I presume the existing V text does this.

Re: Bread
    When it comes to bread I have nothing to prove.
    I knead only walk to the local bakery and hand them some dough.
    I should stop making half-baked puns.
    Sorry.