Background Image

Soooo...clans back when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadspectre, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

True, but you have a reasonable approach. Trust me I have the same approach, I feel the same
    Way you do, and I got about 300 hours or more logged into the game so far. Most people trying the game out for the first time just will rage quit from getting stomped all the time at the start, cause let's be honest, most people play to win. If they ain't winning, they quit instead of play better. Their loss, but it still creates a difficult situation where the games population isn't growing and maintaining. It's a shame, cause this is a fun game.

That being said, there are still some glaringly obvious issues with balance and what not, guild stomp fests aside, which cause even more quits. This game was released a year too early, and the devs have been struggling to make it playable the whole time, let alone well rounded and balanced. They've done good with the time they've had, but it could have been so much more.
    duffmek and Bugz like this.
  2. Orfeask Orfeask Steam Early Access

Hey , if i am fighting clannies i should at least be able to see that they are clannies.
  3. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

Lolno, you're just making shit up. You have no evidence to support your claim beyond "I said so, so it must be true."

I would posit that people who pubstomp are just bads that can't hack it against real organized groups. See? I can make shit up too.
    duffmek and Drakonite like this.
  4. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

Nice job posting empircal evience there friendo!

Stay mad and stay bad!

I am outtie because its clear bE dont give a single mc-fuck about the community.
  5. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

But if we are worried about people quitting, wouldn't it be better to fix other things instead such as fps and stability? Both contribute to loss of numbers after all. If someone wants to be unreasonable the best thing you can do is be patient with them. If your entire goal is to win, you have to accept that you might not since you can't have a 1 sided coin.
  6. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

Agreed, the problem is nothing has been fixed, and it's gonna get worse with F2P with servers being over run. I hope the devs pull a rabbit out of a hat, so to speak!
    Celestia likes this.
  7. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

I can't facepalm hard enough right now.

"I would posit that people who pubstomp are just bads that can't hack it against real organized groups. See? I can make shit up too."
    duffmek and Drakonite like this.
  8. Kyros Drakonite Preacher

Good thing you are not a game developer, because this line of thinking is not only bad, but easily refutable.

Since you failed to provide any actual arguments against it (Because there's none), here are some actual arguments for it:

- Players remember negative experiences much more than positive ones. This is basic psychology. You want to limit the amount of "Terrible" games your userbase experiences. Pubstomping easily ranks #1 in negative user experience right now. And this is not only against new players, but veterans as well. BTW, your own indifference against being pubstomped is not an actual argument against it, it just means you are an outlier, a liar, or a masochist.

- The amount of "Joy" a 15+ stack experiences can be described as negligent. Between completely one-sided matches, long queue/gamestart times (That often last longer than the actual match), and the hassle of getting the warparty going, the experience is greatly diminished. You are left with some socializing, and seal clubbing. In the end you get anything from "Not worth the hassle" to "Had some fun with my mates". There are some players that will enjoy the seal clubbing part tho, and that brings us to the other problem:

- Seal Clubbing is just not good from any perspective. It's basically an "allowed" form of griefing. You do not want to allow players free access to griefing tools, because odds are there are some people that genuinely get a kick out of ruining others peoples day. The kind that can't wait until the end of the game to rub in their extremely one sided stomp. It's easy to identify these people, they're the kind that like to teabag or say "gg ez", etc. Enabling them is not desirable.

But yeah, most huge companies spend a not-insignificant amount of resources to avoid this kind of thing. From enabling solo queues, to trying to "Math out" the groups ELO and find a proper match so it isn't one-sided, add a handicap, or to limit the amount of stacking a group can do.

Sadly, solo queues and a proper MM system are probably out of the question for this game. Which leaves us with limiting the stack or adding a handicap to the group. Currently, the game handicaps the non-grouped players (lol?), so it's got that completely backwards.
    duffmek likes this.
  9. Drake De Molina Drake_De_Molina Steam Early Access

Waitwaitwaitwait.
    So in a team based tactical shooter, organizing a team and playing with it is bad?
    It's not just clan stomping. What if I bring friends from another shooter, they learn how to play and then we decide to play all together as we are friend and we want to play together,
    (friendship is magic,... don't hit me plz) it's bad too? Because we are organized and learned how to play?

With clan tags, non guilded people knew that they were losing because generally they were not organized enough (and guild doesn't mean a 100% win rate). They could decide to improve and join one (or not) or blame the game (not again...plz).
    I'm sure that I'm not the only getting tired to play Commissar in pub game, trying to coordinate a team, giving advice no one listen (actually only 3 times someone thanks me for giving him advice about waypoint and their bonus, compare to multiple ignore or sometime "stfu", it's free xp and coordination tool ffs).

I'm okay (not 100% but okay) to limit people in a group, but don't start to punish those who want to play the game with 100% efficiency (it mean, playing tactically in a organized group).
    Jeez, it feels like pug are the new LSM so we should listen to all their whining...
    hohoooo wait...
  10. Kyros Drakonite Preacher

I'm all for bringing friends to play games. But I'll find it hard to believe someone will come and tell me with a straight face that they are BFF's with all the 15 players on their clanstack.

Clans aren't about friends, its about organized play. A normal friend warparty is about 2-5 players, tops. There's a whole friend-aquaitance thing here that's just too bothersome to explain, but basically if you are in for the friendship, groups tend to stay relatively small. 15+ is a crowd.

And here's the thing too. People seem to want to be able to have their ENTIRE guild on a single match. I have played a ton of MMO's and most of the time the guild plays in small cliques, except for some very specific things.

To me, it just makes sense to limit the normal warparty to 2-5 members, and leave 15+ clans to clan vs clan battles or handicapped fights. It's also just a lot more fun for both sides, and more healthy for the game in the long-run.
    duffmek, Gravewalker and Chuffster like this.