Background Image

Soooo...clans back when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadspectre, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

What i said is its a double edged sword. Either way you are disappointing one party or the other. The issue is, the group you are disappointing is the one who brings the biggest chance of making the game flourish and be supported, which is new players. Eventually, IF they arnt scared off, they will filter into guilds and what not anyway.

But it's too late now. The fact that we are even talking about it, and that the game has gone F2P 6 mo the after its alpha release doesn't mean good things.
  2. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

Based on what? Empirical evidence? Do you have any citation or are you just making things up?
    Drakonite likes this.
  3. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

the fact it went straight to live, out of alpha release, is a sign that it was doomed to fail from the beginning. It doesnt really help either that the devs have completely cluster-train fuckwrecked the game everytime they do something.
    Celestia, Sneaky-krumpin and duffmek like this.
  4. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

Pubstomping has never done any damage to anyone. All it does is show that you were beat by someone better.

in the immortal words of someone. "Suck it up buttercup."

Either git gud, or dont. The only way pubstomping could be "damaging" to a game, is if it relied entirely on that....which, this game is not supposed to, but I refer to my latest post, in that this game was pushed to live, straight out of alpha, so all we have are the pvp features....the really really shitty pvp features.
  5. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

So, you pulled it out of your ass. Got it.
    Drakonite likes this.
  6. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

So new players should have a handicap? You are complaining about something and your idea to fix it does the same thing you are complaining about. The advantage you are arguing imbalances the game is that one team wins more than another. Shouldn't player skill be rewarded in some way, and if winning more often isn't the reward for skill, what will be? I view communication as something you can choose to adopt, but you shouldn't try and punish people who choose to be part of a community. I think you should embrace and make it easier to group up, not make it harder to do and restrict something.
    Kaptain_K_Rool likes this.
  7. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

Lolno, I am just not a pansy who gets offended by getting my shit handed to me when a clan stomps my team of idiot pubs in pvp.
  8. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

I didn't say they should take anything away, or that anyone should be punished. All I'm doing is pointing out the general issue people probably feel from either side and that it's too bad the population will I after either way, no matter what they do to rectify it.
  9. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

I don't see it as an issue though. If I play solo vs PG, I expect one of us to win. If I lose a match against them all I can say is that they played better in that match. I won't always win but I won't always lose, and I want to see things like that because that's what makes games more exciting and communities more lively. It's all based on how you look at it.
  10. duffmek duffmek Well-Known Member

LOL their database cannot track a few extra lines of code because all the F2P guys made clans???? holy shit on a biscuit .. what next? have to delay the campaign because too many are doing it? cancel pve because too many queuing for it? sorry but this is sheer crap and mis-management at the finest degree.

They KNEW they where going F2P, they KNEW the date yet somehow THEY still manage to bork it up entirely by not actually been self prepared??? a game that was sold for FAR too much, released FAR too early and got lots of negativity, hence not many shelled out the full price heck if the numbers are anything to go buy people didnt even buy it when it was DIRT cheap - but wait they sold 250k copies ... must have been sold to ghosts because the numbers ingame do not lie.. since F2P launch we have peaked at over 5k online, before it was lucky to get 500, now if all of them are the F2P guys and not the returning 250k players .. where are they?

Meh rambling, people will get what all this means and its a dire concern for the game with server issues, and having to disable 'guild' tags to make it smoother?? SERIOUSLY?? i call BS .. get a better and bigger harddrive / server unit to store this crap
    Gravord likes this.