Background Image

Soooo...clans back when?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Dreadspectre, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

Yeah thats not good enough for me.

After all of the fuckery thats happend on bE's part, I want a comprehensive and detailed list, explaining why what was done, was done.
    duffmek likes this.
  2. Razmirth Sneaky-krumpin Subordinate

Clans/guilds are the biggest double edged sword this game has.

On one hand, if you are in a guild, you typically learn to play better, more organized, team environment, etc. Basically you learn how to play the game, in the sense of winning matches and pushing points, when to push a point, when to retreat, etc.

Playing as a PuG can usually get you some pretty stellar kills, as I've seen many non-guild players getting 20-30 kills a match. I know cause I used to be one of them until I joined a guild, and it was more about what the team needed at the time instead of just kill counts. Which was fine, cause I was rank 6 and bought every upgrade and weapon possible so it didn't matter.

The issue is when you mix the two together it just ends bad for the PuG 9 times out of ten. Sorry, it's the truth. A lot of it has to do with guilds having discord or team speak, and being able to be much co-ordinated. Some of it is cheese like camping spawn points, parking transports on top of buildings, that sort of thing. But In the end, the results are the same; casual players get pushed out because (this may be a shock for some people), they arnt looking to be the most uber player. They don't care about becoming the best of the best, or being part of a guild. They just wanna waste some time killing people and winning occasionally. With probably half the matches you end up in being vs some LSM or CSM guild, make you realize that half the time your efforts are going to be wasted, even if you are a good player.

Trying to organize a PuG through chat is boredline impossible. Some people start this game and quit a few days later cause they get tired of being stomped by guilds all day. Some Of the solution is "git gud" to a degree and dedicate, but that's the thing...this is just a game to many people out there. They don't have time to put 1000 hours into one game exclusively over a 1 year period. So they quit..and the population plummets because of it.

Just the truth.
    Chuffster and Drakonite like this.
  3. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

So why is the pug player more valuable than someone who wants to play with friends? You are saying that we should demonize players looking to play together to make the pug player happy, but in doing so you completely neglect a different group.
  4. ItGetsAllOver ItGetsAllOver Steam Early Access

It's still happening. I was playing Chaos today and there were a bunch of dudes who were pubstomping like crazy. They were abandoning games when they didn't all get in together.

Pretty sad and obvious when you join a game and there are a BUNCH of R5 and R6 players that are steamrolling the other team. More so when they don't all get into the same game and over half the team quits leaving a handfull of new players to fend off the entire opposing team.
  5. Kyros Drakonite Preacher

Because it is not proportional. The damage Pubstomping does greatly outdoes the benefit of clans.

This is why most games go to great lengths to make a solo-only queue, or limit the impact of grouping up with a MM system or similar.

This game was sold on the idea that it would be like Planetside and that favored (?) big guilds. But our current game is a lobby shooter, and lobby shooters with 15+ clanmates against pugs is just not ideal from any perspective.
    ItGetsAllOver likes this.
  6. Asyran Eldritch Arkhona Vanguard

Dammit @Dreadspectre, I just spent 5 minutes making that very same meme...

I'm behind the curve.
    Dreadspectre likes this.
  7. Orkan Orkan Arkhona Vanguard

Guild tags are disabled but 30 man warparties are not. An organised group can form a warparty of up to 30 people and get into the same match no problem. I think you are assuming too much.
    People quit for many reasons as Real life generally takes precedence over games. Sometimes people may not like the maps loaded. If a group WAS trying to get into the same map they would have been in one warparty and would have got into the same match.
  8. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

Pubstomping does no damage to a game whatsoever, if you think it does, you clearly need to go back int your safe space.
    Atsidas and Gravord like this.
  9. Celestia Celestia Prefectus

The idea may have been planetside (which is why I joined in the first place) but yes currently we are a lobby shooter. That said, I personally never minded fighting clans when we had voip since we were effectively on the same foot. It's one reason why I have stated numerous times that I think that is what needs to be done, not punishing people for socializing. If you try and punish groups too much as well they will just group queue the same as we did in alpha(?).
    Atsidas likes this.
  10. Dreg Dregzeir Well-Known Member

This part of your post? yeah, its entirely wrong.
    Atsidas likes this.