Background Image

Sons Of Nostramo, Sons Of The Sunless World.. Gather To Me! (night Lord Thread)

Discussion in 'Chaos Space Marines' started by NostramoBorn, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Nostramo Born NostramoBorn Forum Beta Tester

Sledgecrushr and HairyHeretic like this.
  2. Nostramo Born NostramoBorn Forum Beta Tester

Oh man! The fact that ADB said it himself, puts a lot of weight and significance to it. I've seen the other quote he put in there used canonicly, so I guess it also can be used as such, here's hoping. Man, Jago Sevatarion was such a great character. I'd love a whole Heresy novel just from his perspective, or one from the perspective of several of the Kyroptera. Please, Black Library, make it so.
  3. Bajinda Bajinda Curator

4. Nostramo Born NostramoBorn Forum Beta Tester

Hey guys, not exactly a legionary of the Eighth, but he's sporting an article of clothing very typical of the Eighth.

[​IMG]

Flesh cloaks! :) I don't remember there being any notion/mention of cloth physics in the game, but if there are, I'd like to see some flesh cloaks please. ;D Petitioning Patrick to comment on that matter.
  5. At this point I cannot confirm cloak physics being implemented because we have not prototyped it yet - also if I have to think about it, in a worst case scenario where hundreds of players would have cloth cloaks of any kind, that would mean a lot of extra power needed on the hardware side.
    Now which kind of cloaks will make it to the game is up to the designers and artists - I don't know all those details myself, best to ask them!
    Cheers!
  6. MintyFiz MintyFiz Prefectus

if you guys do put in cloth physics it might be nice to have a number of options so we can pic depending on our system specs.

1. pre animated, all cloth is animated client side as part of the movement animations and looped animations from cloth in the world items (flags, tarps etc)

2. player physics + other players and world items animated, all cloth on the player is subject to a physics system while all other cloth is animated.

3. player and world items physics +other players animated, the player and all world item cloth is subject to the physics system wile all other players cloth is animated.

4. all cloth is physics based, this option would probably just destroy any graphics setup in larger battles.
  7. Other than high ranking Lords or captains, I don't think cloaks are necessary. They just get in the way in a practical inspection of them. I believe that our G.I.s should get something more along the lines of a shoulder cape like Boba Fet:
    [​IMG]
    or a loin cloth.

As much as we want to, we cannot all be Batman, the caped crusader!
  8. But we're totally Batman the Legion.

Our parents are dead.
    We grew up in a bleak world overrun by criminals and corruption.
    We have some serious issues to work out.
    ... Some of us were wealthy...
    ... We have butlers...
    ... We are the night...
  9. Bajinda Bajinda Curator

Cloaks are fine but I would prefer to be given serfs...plenty plenty serfs...then they can praise us by knitting, waving, sewing, crafting...and if they don't well I guess you can always wear them instead. :p
    Sledgecrushr likes this.
  10. Grigdusher Grigdusher Arch-Cardinal

i can easily imagine a battlefield with houndred of robed dark angel