Background Image

Some Questions For The Eldar!

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by SkyCake, Jan 28, 2015.

1. [EDA] Reiborn Reiborn Arkhona Vanguard

in DOW 1 farseer with some upgrades got "Eldritch storm" which practically wipe out an entire base lol..

At any rate you need to mix your troops.
    Rangers are MUST, stealth + reinforced they will break morale for any morale using squads.
    Banshees needs the upgrade from the soul shrine upgrade building then they kick ass, also they get aoe attack which breaks morale as well. But mostly I used them for tying up melee squads.
    Dark Reapers are your cannon team, have one fully upgraded it will shred anything in range.
    So in the start of the game u build one of each squad and attach the Farseer (which got passive aoe in melee) to the banshee.
    Then near each LP you build you also add Webway gate with passive "Shroud" which make all buildings invisible and the aoe heal passive upgrade. no matter where on the map the enemy strikes you can pop out of the webway and use your meager 3-4 squads to annihilate enemies which were not expecting you.
    Also you can do trial&Error and build a gate behind\inside your enemy main base and relocate into his base 6 turrets at the same time for max troll and then charge through the gate with your ninja team.

If you want truly max dakka with eldar on DOW1 you want 3 squads of warp spiders as this guys teleport around, got anti armor 'nades and shred stuff with their guns... just pop in shot and run away.
    Once you got an avatar and fire prism it's just attack move and sit back as they will shred anything in their path.

I'm not expert on DOW2 but mostly from what I remember in skirmish you used guardian squads or heavy support weaponry with banshees and did lots of kiting or "X" run away... didn't liked DOW2 skirmish maps much they were so different from DOW1 I really didn't liked them. on the campaign I had lots of fun with the Eldar (retribution), instead of the warlock you deploy Wraithguard honor squad and then they guets buffed, upgrade them to passive healz and AOE ranged attacks and it's a win on highest difficulty no brainer.

But mostly Eldar are cool because they are specialized "immortal" high tech race which is also cunning and snobsih at same levels. So playing with them it's like being space dick and be good in that role.
  2. [EDA] Reiborn Reiborn Arkhona Vanguard

3. SkyCake SkyCake Recruit

That mod is a lot of fun! Though, my laptop can't really run it after like 10 minutes into the battle. Too much going on for it to handle. So, I very rarely get to play the mod. :(

Thanks for the Eldar tips! Going to attempt this, again. Try and get in the Eldar mindset for EC. XD
  4. [EDA] Reiborn Reiborn Arkhona Vanguard

5. SkyCake SkyCake Recruit

Sweet! I won as Eldar, woo! Haha. I think it's because I have at the very very least 200+ hours in this game, not because I played the Eldar's strengths. I was just thinking I would like to see a video on someone playing Eldar with their strengths!
  6. [EDA] Reiborn Reiborn Arkhona Vanguard

well if you play vs AI then the AI is stupid... spam webway + shroud research and kill his "Detect infiltrator" units asap and you can sit there sip tea and have a good time.
  7. Murtag Murtag Cipher

The thing I think will be great about Eldar is how easy it will be to coordinate.

Think of encountering a space marine tactical. Is that person kitted out for ranged combat or more of a balance? Maybe more of a Space Wolves style one that would rather shoot a few volleys then charge in. Hard to plan around that. But if you see a Striking Scorpion? They're going to hide most likely then charge in with a quick burst of pistol fire, followed by mandiblasters, then hard hitting melee. Or some small variant of that. I can plan around that. Anyone who isn't brand new will know their role and fill it. No need to interview people if you don't have a squad waiting. Just say "I'm a dark reaper. I need at least one dire avenger and one banshee before I head out". Bam, all bases covered.
  8. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

With the way people can re-deploy as different classes after death, or really at any time they want, you need to look at this more organically. All players will need to be able to fill any role. You or your team leader needs to "feel the flow" (monitor the battle field and tactical situation, adjusting where necessary) and ask for people to change to whatever class is needed at the time. Having 7 easily defined choices is better than having 4 choices which might not be exactly kitted out how you need it to be.
  9. [EDA] Reiborn Reiborn Arkhona Vanguard

I think once you picked a class you'll be stuck with it until the end of the battle. that should be most sensible approach otherwise people will suicide once they see which class the enemy picked :X
    Dragonkindred likes this.
  10. Dragonkindred Dragonkindred Arkhona Vanguard

Although I agree that you should have some limits, I don't think it is feasible or fun to stop people from changing for that long. Currently all the footage has the devs switching out anytime they want. Either on death, or by choice.

Edit: I would expect that there would be a RP cost to re-deploy as a different class.