Background Image

Some Pre-alpha Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jolpo, Nov 15, 2013.

1. MoterCrozz♐ MoterCrozzOG Active Member

2. Gotta disagree, looks too much like Space Marine at this point to be honest.
  3. God God Well-Known Member

too much like space marine? If we get Space Marine in MMO form I'd be ecstatic. It'd probably be the best gameplay I've tried in an MMO

I think some of you may have unrealistic expectations for a massively multiplayer third person shooter like this
    MoterCrozz likes this.
  4. It's not unrealistic to want something different than Space Marine. I want something with slower melee pace and better ranged combat allowing for use of cover.
  5. Jolpo Jolpo Well-Known Member

Space marine is something I'd like to whipe from my mind. I hope EC wont remind too much of SM at it's final form :)
  6. God God Well-Known Member

They've said TTK (Time to kill) will be slow in EC so you just might get what you want

But even with this I think you can expect it to play a lot like Space Marine on a fundamental level since the devs have stated that it is one of their major inspirations and I don't think it is an accident that the alpha gameplay looks so much like Space Marine
  7. Which is why I'm rather disappointed.

I'll need to wait until Alpha or Beta to see how it's going to turn out. I'm probably not going to be super hyped about another Space Marine esque combat system though.
  8. I havent visited these forums in several weeks. Just watched the footage and read many of the dev replies. Game looks great thus far and congrats to the dev team. And I fully realize this is only very early Alpha artwork.

I will second some of the thoughts on hoping for more gritty, less cartoonish looking characters. I'll also second the thoughts on having ARMOR play more of a role, like it does in all the books I have read, rather than your energy shield meaning life or death like it did in the Space Marine game for Xbox360.

Any thoughts on taking a page out of Eve Online's book as far as Shield tanking versus Armor tanking? Where certain races or armor sets are more suited to have beefed up armor and practically zero shield? While others races and their armor sets are more suited towards having massive energy shields and very light armor?
    MoterCrozz likes this.