Background Image

Some Pre-alpha Gameplay

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jolpo, Nov 15, 2013.

1. Sentinel of Terra Forum Beta Tester

i just watched it again and im even more excited, makes me want to get back on space marine and get that last 3rd of a level i need before cap. not sure if i want to risk the perils of the warp though. i mean lag.
  2. Seigar Seigar Subordinate

I was just going to bed and BAM! the EC Gameplay video is up!
    Great job on the prototype! It looks great (even for a prototype) and I love how the combat looks (Space Marine +1 from me).

PS: Orks and Eldar next!
  3. Jaccx023 Subordinate

I yelled at my tv screen like a teenager girl the moment i saw the clip.....

Sir miguel caron you and your team with all the due respect......have balls of adamantium, the courage, the guts to show us this earlier stage of the game....by the throne, I SALUTE YOU!

This game will be magnificent!
    Ardenstrom and button_leather like this.
  4. Stmichael StMichael Subordinate

I'm at a loss for what kind of things you have planned if the art and animation featured are your placeholders.

As a personal plea, just a pet peeve of mine from Space Marine, would you consider some form of auto lock-on for melee attacks in order to make the combat look more believable? One of the biggest breaks in immersion in Space Marine was when I'd swing my chainsword at an Ork, and while it would hit him, it looked like I was aiming at open air. That small detail would make a world of difference to me.
    Felix - Proteus likes this.
  5. DjemoSRB Djemo-SRB Preacher

Autolock would kill the skill required of people that use melee as a primary choice.
    It should be something a person refines and masters through countless hours of gameplay.

Enabling autolock would be a very bad step imo.
    Daedra and windbringer like this.
  6. This looks really awesome :D

i'm sorry if this been asked already, but will those cannons on the fort actually provide some kind of use in game,(giving me and our faction another reason to want to take it/ keep it) or if its just for looks? And would that apply to other stronghold, giving us more reasons to cap and hold them?
  7. Raghnall Wonderboy2402 First Blood!

Looks good guys. I actually liked space marine alot, even with its failings.

Very brave to show the prealpha footage and I would encourage you to continue to do so. If you remain open to feedback from the community and work with us, this game will be fantastic. Just don't make the mistake other studios do with keeping community input out.
  8. The gameplay...has lived up beyond my expectations. YUSH, we will have our drop-pods!
  9. Ardenstrom Ardenstrom Active Member

Amazing job guys!

My respects to the whole team, I really love what you are doing =)
    You are creating history for many generations of battle-brothers and sisters to remember!

Keep up the good work and have a great weekend =)
    button_leather likes this.
  10. Caelius Caelius Subordinate

Looks rather promising I'd have to say, I just hope the wider community (I:E beyond this forum) takes in the 'this is very, very, very early' message.

As pretty much everyone else has said it looks like Space Marine, from the UI to the sword swings. I did find that test map rather interesting and it gives me hope that any 'bases'/fortifications in the final game will have battlements and actual defensive features rather than just being a cluster of buildings like so many other games.