Background Image

So... what to do VS a shotgun stalker bolter?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by NeonWeaver, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Still out of the country @Whitefox550 ? We need you back! I'll bring you up to speed on the B toggle.

Came in a patch or two ago, pretty useful. Made the Sternguard Bolter viable what with the built in drum mag. Made the Quicksilver a beast for CQC if you've learnt to aim for the head. Made it possible for Apos to kit themselves out with a "proto-Stalker" for fortress maps (at least that's what I've been doing) by slapping a scope on if there's spare LP.

The Gatekeeper's Bastion scope is now toggle-able too but it's still pretty weak at range as per MC SC stats.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  2. Shiani Brujah Preacher

The main issue with the Stalker Bolter being able to do this is it's a Heavy Weapon power weapon in the hands of a versatile Tactical. I'd be okay with it if it had some of the drawbacks that a Heavy Weapons user has (setup and pulldown time, no sidearm, slower run speed (not sure if this one's actually the case for non-Eldar factions - I think so), no capping ability....).
    It's just too good a weapon right now, at least in the hands of a skilled player. It has no real drawback.
    Whitefox550 likes this.