Background Image

So... what to do VS a shotgun stalker bolter?

Discussion in 'Eldar' started by NeonWeaver, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Adalil Adalil Recruit

I'm an Eldar player that used to hate/envy stalker bolter (eldars don't have snipers) and now that I've achieved the stalker in my marine character I'm so frustrated, the scope moves too slow it's useless in long range. I found this post when I was looking for a complain about the slow scope.
  2. Thuldarn Gaan_Cathal Well-Known Member

Press B, it de-scopes the ADS and turns it into a slug shotgun that 2-hits Eldar. People doing that is why you learned to hate it, not it's DMR role.
    Whitefox550 likes this.
  3. BaronXIII Arkhona Vanguard

The Stalker has some..bad things...

1.) The scope view doesn't have it's own sensitivity slider, so it will move too stupidly fast or slow in the majority of cases because of differing mouse sensitivities. Makes it useless for many people (like me) save for if we wanna play without a scope. Which...at that rate...I'll just use my Bolter.

2.) They never should have made it a high damage per shot weapon, they should have made it a headshot weapon. As in, it should kill in the same amount of headshots as it does now, but should kill much slower with body shots. In addition it just should plain Jane not have damage drop after the first two changes are done depending on how they tweak it's headshot multiplier and damage profile.

3.) It needs a heavier negative for shooting on the move. A slightly higher movement/accuracy penalty would go a long way towards shutting down ADAD battle rifle wielders which are probably the biggest problem.
  4. I bet none of you idiots even play the other races.
  5. bitch about plasma yet you spam spray tempest....bitch about stalker bolter when the actual dps sucks....rounds per minute x dmg divided by 60 do that to your shuriken and that bolter and look at the fuckin numbers.
    all I see is bitching. Oh I can run half way across the map in 10 seconds in a straight line anymore and kill the guy oh no.
    bitch bitch bitch until your over powered again rinse and repeat.
  6. Xio Valency Xi0 Preacher

[​IMG]
    thantrus and DrMauf like this.
  7. Mauf DrMauf Subordinate

So LSM modus operandi?
    Dragonkindred and Utherix like this.
  8. Sarise Sarise Active Member

I know right?!
  9. Shiani Brujah Preacher

The point is high alpha damage has a higher benefit than higher DPS. If you make your first shot count, your TTK is dramatically reduced. It's the same thing that makes the Autocannon so powerful.

If you consider TTK as a factor of the number of rounds required to kill someone minus one (because the first shot happens instantly and the fire rate only comes into effect after that point), then the lower your fire rate, the more of a difference this first shot will make to your TTK.

Or, put plainly, when you actually factor that in the Stalker Bolter kills more quickly at short range than the Shuriken Catapult does.
    It kills a lot more quickly at long range and both of its range increments are longer, so its already higher damage drops off more slowly and out to a much higher range.
    This is all even setting aside things like weapon accuracy and spread, both of which also favour the Stalker Bolter (it has higher recoil, but also a slower fire rate, so it's easier to compensate between shots).

The numbers, in case you're interested:

At full damage short range, TTK vs 320EHP@120T
    • Stalker Bolter: 1.2s
    • Avenger Shuriken Catapult: 1.36s
    At minimum damage long range, TTK vs 320EHP@120T
    • Stalker Bolter: 1.8s
    • Avenger Shuriken Catapult: 2.16s
    At minimum damage at ASC's long range (30m), TTK vs 320EHP@120T
    • Stalker Bolter: 1.2s
    • Avenger Shuriken Catapult: 2.16s
      Almost double.
    thantrus and Whitefox550 like this.
  10. Whitefox550 Whitefox550 Well-Known Member

Say what now? You can ADS with no zoom while using a scoped weapon?

That sounds amazing and I have no problems with that.
    Brujah likes this.